Asus Maximus XI Hero boot loop

Associate
I just got this board and installed everything and installation went fine.

Installed Windows 10 Pro with USB onto the Samsung 970 nano SSD m.2

Everything was working fine so decided to update the bios. Now whenever I boot up its always goes straight to the bios setup screen. Load defaults and tried to look for my boot M.2 drive but cant seem to find it and when i exit bios it just keeps coming back to the bios all the time and I cant get out of it.

From what I can tell its not finding any bootable drives but my M.2 SSD has windows 10 Pro on it and cant seem to select it in bios as a bootable drive

UEFI Bios Uility Version 2.20.127
Bios: 0602 x64

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok I finally got it back, from what I can remember in bios was to change Boot/CSM (Compatibility support module)

Launch CSM: Enabled

Boot Device Control: UEFI and Legacy OPROM
Boot from network Devices: Legency only
Boot from storage devices: UEFI Only
Boot From PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices: Legacy Only

Than after a reboot the Boot Option Priorities came up with my boot drive and was able to select it

Keeping the post here incase anyone else comes across this in future or when updating the Bios it wipes everything even if you haven't set anything like i did.

Now need to recover from near heart attack :/

Associate
Dude, I just registered to say thanks for saving my ass of x-hours of searching.

ps. lol we almost have the same hw setup

Associate
Hi Crazybee,

I also just created an account to let you know that you posting this fix saved my as too.

Just in case anyone else has the same problem I had, I did have to move my monitor cables over to the Motherboard Display outputs in order to see what was going wrong after the Bios update. Up until I did that, I just had a black screen on my 2 monitors. After that, Crazybee's solution fixed my problem right away.

Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom