Asus Motherboard Question (Bios)

Associate
Wondeing if anyone out there with an Asus motherboard can clarify something for me, in the Amd Overclocking > Manual overclocking section of the bios there are two boxes as you would expect to input voltage/core. My issue is that it does not specify the parameters it uses to input voltage (does not accpet decimals), so would 1.18v be 1180 or?

I have tried to look around google and youtube but found no answers, also attempted to go on to the Asus forum but took 24hours to even get access and still cannot post..

Soldato
i own a crossair dark hero x570 from asus and regarding the manual voltage input, you'll find that in the extreme tweaker section, go ahaed and set manual at the top then navigate down until you find cpu vcore, here set manual again and the box below is where you make the change to cpu voltage, you can type in a decimal value like 1.18 and press enter to save, once done navigate to exit the bios or press f10 to save changes and exit and your all done :)

Associate
OP
i own a crossair dark hero x570 from asus and regarding the manual voltage input, you'll find that in the extreme tweaker section, go ahaed and set manual at the top then navigate down until you find cpu vcore, here set manual again and the box below is where you make the change to cpu voltage, you can type in a decimal value like 1.18 and press enter to save, once done navigate to exit the bios or press f10 to save changes and exit and your all done :)

Does that one let the voltage down clock when idle as i know the option in AMD overclocking has certain states enabled.

IMG_20210914_164501.jpg

**The fact it took me to take a picture to see it say mV is just lol.. Thanks for the help though

Last edited:
Soldato
Does that one let the voltage down clock when idle as i know the option in AMD overclocking has certain states enabled.

IMG_20210914_164501.jpg

**The fact it took me to take a picture to see it say mV is just lol.. Thanks for the help though

If the voltage is set manually it will be that value at idle and at load vales, most amd chips in the 5000 series hover around 1.018v at idle and ramp the voltage when the chip boost kicks in, the only thing you'll do by seting a low manual voltage is limit the chips boost ability by a few hundread mhz, but temps will be well under control at load, it's gonna take some time to dial in the correct voltage so you get the most boost for the least amount of voltage ideally, every cpu is diffrent, you need to find what your chip will do.

the screenshot you provided is another way of overclocking but i dont use that, i go the old fasioned way and type it all in manually :)

i also run a 5950x and i use manual oc of 4.6ghz all core with 1.25v, thats the lowest i can run before instability, temps hover in the 70's in games and in the 80's in 3dmark but i run custom watercooling which is a must for the 16 core monster

Back
Top Bottom