Asus P5N-E Sli nForce 650 won't Sleep ?

Associate
Solved - Asus P5N-E Sli nForce 650 won't Sleep ?

Just built my new PC and I am have having problems putting it into sleep mode within Vista, the screen goes blank but I can still hear the fans and hard disk working away. When I try to wake up the PC using the power button or keyboard nothing works. Is anyone else using this board within Vista and has Sleep/Hibernation working ?

My Specification is:
Windows Vista 32 Bit
Asus P5N-E Sli nForce 650
Intel Core 2 DUO E6600
GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4 800MHz (CAS 4-4-4-12)
Seasonic S12 600W Silent ATX2.0 Power Supply
Gainward BLISS GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
Western Digital Raptor 150GB

Last edited:
Well I have vista 64. Seemed to go into sleep ok though only tried it via timeout not actually forced hibernation. But like you I have had trouble resuming. One time it worked via the power buttun, but it has never worked via the keyboard or mouse and most times I have to hard reboot as it won't come back.

The 0401 bios does list a fix to s3 so maybe this is the problem, i'm currently on 0202

Finally made some progress after installing Windows XP which functioned perfectly, so I guess don't have a hardware/bios issue. Unfortunately Vista (32) still blanks my screen makes some hard disk noises then after about 30 seconds my screen returns back into Windows.

Does any one have any ideas ?

Last edited:
I solved the problem on my machine by unticking the 'Allow this device to wake the computer' within the Device Manager for the keyboard and mouse devices.

My mouse is a Razer Diamondback & Keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse.

Back
Top Bottom