Asus P8Z77-V Bios boot order

Associate
Managed to get the Asus P8Z77-V system to boot but have a strange issue. I have an SSD that boots Windows 7 (now - was Win 10 previous to breakdown). In Bios I can only select either the DVD drive or one of the two hard drives in the boot order. The other hard drive and the SSD aren't showing up in the drop down lists. But underneath the boot order options is a list of all four drives (2 HD's, 1 SSD and DVD drive) any of which you can force the computer to boot from. I can select the SSD and it immediately boots the system from it. You can then reboot and it'll boot off the SSD multiple times but eventually defaults back to the boot order list.

I have unplugged both HD's and plugged the SSD into the slot the HD was in that the system was trying to boot from and still the SSD won't show in the boot order drop down lists. But the SSD is in the list below the boot order option and can force a boot off the SSD. The other 2 HD's don't appear to have Win 10 OS one - or so it appears though aren't 100% sure if the win 10 upgrade wasn't installed on the HD the system is trying to boot off? Any ideas why the SSD won't show in the boot order though can be seen in system and forced to boot off?

I sense a rebuild on the horizon as Overclockers have not had a bite of my credit card since 2014 :D

Back
Top Bottom