Asus PG279Q ROG SWIFT 27"

Man of Honour
Bought one from the shop today with a 2080TI, but annoyingly light bleed is quite bad top right and bottom right. Puling in the case removes it, so bad build and will take it back. I have read about it but wondered if those with them have experienced similar issues? Like the stand and a quick blast at BFV shows the difference but the light bleed is annoying.

:(

Caporegime
Damn shame @Housey as when they're good they are VERY VERY good (I have the XB271HU paired with a Ti, no ips glow fortunately!).

I'd let you have this once I've found a 120hz UW I liked but I got it for a really good price ;) :D

Pity OcUK no longer stock the LG 32" Gsync monitor, that is epic and VA so no such issue :)

Soldato
Oh joy, Was thinking of finally pulling the trigger on ordering one of these on Monday, then I catch sight of this, I mean, You'd have thought that seeing as this monitor has been on sale for the last 2yrs+ and must have gone through numerous production revisions by now, that excessive IPS glow really wouldn't/shouldn't be an issue any more on such a premium monitor:rolleyes:

Is it that they just don't care or simply think that customer ignorance about the issue, keeps RMA returns to an acceptable minimum???

I really hate, loathe & detest all the nonsense you have to put up with when buying a damn monitor, No wonder I only dare do it every 4 or 5yrs years, TBH.

Associate
I have the PG348Q and out of the box it had a fair bit of glow at the corners, I noticed when i applied small pressure with a microfibre cloth i was able to more or less push the glow away. Try gently pushing the glow towards the corners of the screen and see if it improves it, sounds werid but it worked for me.

Man of Honour
OP
When I gently press the outer plastic edge it moves the glow away somewhat, I have faffed trying to remove it, but so far to no avail.

I will have another try as other than the glows I am happy with the monitor and even though I have an RMA sorted (when new ones hit the stock room) I am happy to keep it if I can fix it.

One question though, you aren't an X-Men or something are you @ancientmariner as I don't want to waste my time if you have superpowers?

Man of Honour
OP
I have this monitor and it’s phemonal. There are some quality issues and it’s a bit of a lottery, which shouldn’t be the case given the price. However when you get a good one it’s worth it :). I returned my first to amazon who sorted the exchange for me. The replacement was perfect, so good I’m ordering another one at the end of this month. :)
I hope so as it's a lovely screen and the right size for me desk too.

Associate
When I gently press the outer plastic edge it moves the glow away somewhat, I have faffed trying to remove it, but so far to no avail.

I will have another try as other than the glows I am happy with the monitor and even though I have an RMA sorted (when new ones hit the stock room) I am happy to keep it if I can fix it.

One question though, you aren't an X-Men or something are you @ancientmariner as I don't want to waste my time if you have superpowers?

Those days are behind me, I dont want to talk about it.

Associate
Guys,

Just to add a bit of balance here. I picked up the PG279Q on the recent Black Friday sale and have no issues what so ever with bleed. Again maybe down to being fortunate in the back light bleed lottery, but in my case all is good.
Build quality is top notch. I come from a Samsung 1080p 27" 120Hz TN monitor and I am simply blown away by the PG279Q.

Here's an example gameplay with Insurgency Sandstorm taken on my PG279Q monitor with RTX2080ti @ 1440P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFQKlvspGCI

Last edited:
Associate
I will eventually want to buy one of these so confirmation of OCUK returns policy with unfit screens would be helpful.

Who else provides a non nonsense returns policy free of charge?

I would be happy for a technician Fromm oCUK to review each monitor before shipping and for them to make an assessment. It’s a judgement at the end of the day but would cut out some of the ridiculous examples that are sold.

Associate
i bought one of these through ocuk and it had awful backlight bleed sadly i missed the 14 days returns period and ocuk would not accept it back under rma/faulty. i ended up getting 4 different replacements from ASUS direct before i asked for a refund.

the QA or this monitor is the worse ive ever seen. needless to say i dont think i will ever buy an asus monitor again.

Soldato
When it comes to this monitor and its build quality & screen bleed, its like listening to a 'he said' 'she said' conversation....

Associate
I just googled where are ASUS Monitors manufactured :-

Asus has its headquarters in Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan.
As of 2009 Asus had manufacturing facilities in: -
Taiwan (Taipei, Luzhu, Nangan, Guishan),
China (Suzhou, Chongqing)
Mexico (Ciudad Juárez)
Czech Republic (Ostrava)

I'll check where my monitor was manufactured and see if that has any bearing on quality.

Soldato
Doubt it as they dont make the panel and this question was asked in the early days IIRC and it didnt make a difference where it was from with regards to the actual frame and build quality, its the same panel thats in the XB271HU too just a total lottery that is always conveniently missed out of the reviews.

btw I got a good one.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I was reading they released a refresh of this monitor that’s supposed to be better. Can’t see it in the UK yet but it’s available in the US.

Asus PG279QZ

Do we have an Asus rep on the forum?

Back
Top Bottom