asus pg279q

Associate
is this monitor a good purchase bearing in mind there are many references to bad qc issues as reviews are positive .but actual users appear to have major problems would welcome peoples comments.

Man of Honour
there are many references to bad QC on pretty much every screen released, so make of that what you will :) It's a very good screen if you're looking for a high refresh rate IPS gaming monitor with G-sync support. just buy it from somewhere reputable where you can return it or have support should you have an issue and you should be ok.

Associate
I bought one recently from here and am very happy with it. There is a little backlight bleed in the top right but not enough to bother me, and the usual IPS glow which may bother you but isn't unique to this screen anyway. No dead pixels and buttery smooth gameplay.

Associate
I'm very tempted by this one and also the recent Dell G-Sync TN panel. I have had a Dell 24" Ultra-sharp since 2006 that still going strong, but feel its showing its age now. So for me the toss up is between this and the £200 cheaper Dell .....

Caporegime
I'm very tempted by this one and also the recent Dell G-Sync TN panel. I have had a Dell 24" Ultra-sharp since 2006 that still going strong, but feel its showing its age now. So for me the toss up is between this and the £200 cheaper Dell .....

If you want Image Quality then go IPS. If you prize Ultra-Responsiveness over IQ then get the Dell :cool:

Associate
If you want Image Quality then go IPS. If you prize Ultra-Responsiveness over IQ then get the Dell :cool:

Ill keep the 24" 10 year old ultra-sharp for the photography and image editing. Its just how long its going to keep going for thats the problem, If I went IPS again that reduces the worry somewhat, but the QA and Issues of the top spec IPS at the moment makes me worry....

Basically what I want is the Asus PG279Q but Dells version of it :)

Back
Top Bottom