Asus Prime X570-P wont boot after fitting WD Blue M2 SSD

Associate
Hi, would really appreciate some advice on this. I got everything up and running on a new build over the weekend but I couldn't fit the m2 drive as the riser screw was missing. I fitted this today and then it wouldn't boot, removed the drive everything worked fine again. I have my 1080 gpu in the top slot and the m2 fitted to the lowest connection PCie 2.2. I moved the standard SSD drive from SATA 1 to SATA 4 and tried again as I have heard fitting the m2 can block the sata 1 connection this made no difference. The manual doesn't mention anything that I can see.

MOBO - asus prime x570-p
2x8gb corsair vengence LPX black 3600mhz
amd ryzen 3700x
wd blue sn550 1tb nvme m2 2280 pcie gen 3 ssd
wd blue 3d nand 1tb 2.5 sata 6gps ssd
psu= super flower gold modular 750w

thanks

Associate
OP
I get the asus logo and the key prompt to enter bios. Pressing the key does nothing, it seems to be frozen at that point.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately I dont have or know anyone with a mobo that can take M2 at least not within a distance suitable. I have latest bios.

Associate
I had a similar issue with my Asus X570-P motherboard. In my scenario, I already had a Crucial NVMe in the primary slot (which was working fine). And after I add the WD Blue SN550 to the secondary M.2, the computer stopped booting after the bootup logo.

To fix the issue, I removed the WD NVMe and booted the computer. And did a BIOS update from Aug19 to Oct20. After the BIOS update the WD NVMe was working :)

Back
Top Bottom