ASUS Prime Z690 D4 - Boot issue

Associate
Hi,
I recently upgraded my aging system with an eye to move to Windows 11. I have everything installed and had migrated the system/boot to an onboard Samsung NVMe M.2 drive which was all working fine. When trying to install Windows 11 it was throwing up the not sucure boot thing. After doing some search I had tried changing the boot method to 'other OS' which still didn't work so I the changed to the Windows UEFI(?) and custom to standard. When I saved it rebooted then went into an endless reboot, each lasting about 20 seconds and restarting, so I can't get back into the bios to change. I've tried disconnecting all the drives (apart from the NVMe) and still no joy. Can anyone give me any advice on how to get it to complete the boot back into the bios?
Thanks,
Chris

Soldato
Take the battery out of the motherboard for a minute or so to reset the bios and then try again.

With the security isses and win 11 isnt it all about the use of TPM and secure boot settings in bios if you dont have a TPM module fitted?

Associate
Is your Windows 10 partition formatted as MBR rather than GPT?

If so you'll need to use mbr2gpt to convert it so that you can boot it.

Associate
If in doubt simplyfy the process. Go back to basics and start again with the bare minimum of components and a new Win11 boot drive. Treat the pc as a new one with a fresh win 11 sata ssd for boot drive. If it does not work from the bare minimum you have an easier playing field to start from.

I know this means a fresh purchase but it would make everything simpler. I love simplicity.

Associate
Hi,
I recently upgraded my aging system with an eye to move to Windows 11. I have everything installed and had migrated the system/boot to an onboard Samsung NVMe M.2 drive which was all working fine. When trying to install Windows 11 it was throwing up the not sucure boot thing. After doing some search I had tried changing the boot method to 'other OS' which still didn't work so I the changed to the Windows UEFI(?) and custom to standard. When I saved it rebooted then went into an endless reboot, each lasting about 20 seconds and restarting, so I can't get back into the bios to change. I've tried disconnecting all the drives (apart from the NVMe) and still no joy. Can anyone give me any advice on how to get it to complete the boot back into the bios?
Thanks,
Chris
It sounds like you may have corrupted the BIOS settings when you changed them. The best way to fix this is to reset the BIOS settings to their default values. I hope it would fixed.

Back
Top Bottom