Asus ProArt X670E WiFi - Windows 11 Clean Install Issues

Soldato
I feel like everyone is over complicating this. On the windows install page when you're selecting your disk there is a "load drivers" option. You just use this and install as many or as few as you need. This has been a thing since Windows 2000 at least.

No
Microsoft is over complicating this by trying to stop people from doing the windows install without an internet connection.
Your average PC users are not computer whizz kids

Something as simple as a "continue windows install without internet" or "Setup internet later " button is all that was needed

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The problem is some of the newer 2.5 and 10Gb NICs don't have compatible pre-install drivers in MS's catalogue, which is all well and good if you have another system to add them to the installation in some way or a disc with the motherboard - but most motherboards now come without a driver disc and assume you'll download them. Sometimes you can use the increasingly built in WiFi on newer boards but personally I had problems with that as well - until after the Windows installation it just wouldn't connect to my (or any secure) network for some reason.

Last edited:
Soldato
The problem is some of the newer 2.5 and 10Gb NICs don't have compatible pre-install drivers in MS's catalogue, which is all well and good if you have another system to add them to the installation in some way or a disc with the motherboard - but most motherboards now come without a driver disc and assume you'll download them. Sometimes you can use the increasingly built in WiFi on newer boards but personally I had problems with that as well - until after the Windows installation it just wouldn't connect to my (or any secure) network for some reason.

I even tried sparing the internet from my mobile phone using a USB cable from my mobile phone to my PC and that also didn't work
As some people on google seemed to got lucky by doing it that way.

Think my Nic is 5Gb on my board and windows install still has no drivers

My Asus board came with drivers on a USB stick, But not sure if they can be used at the start of a windows install

Last edited:
Soldato
The connect to network BS should just have a skip button but MS is so desperate to get peoples data and force them to have an MS account that it’s been removed.

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
I have used this board as well as the Proart Z790-Creator and they are very nice boards. What i do find funny/annoying is that the both boards work great with 192GB kits of ram but like most X670 and Z790 boards they are very finicky with 128gb kits.
This is very interesting - I've got the same board and have installed 2 x 48gb to wait for Asus to fix their 4 x dimm issues.

Might be time for some extra ram.... :D

Back
Top Bottom