Asus Rampage IV Black Edition - BIOS problem

Associate
I have a BIOS issue on this - a desktop I built not long after the i7 4820K CPU 3.70Ghz was released.
Its worked perfectly well then recently noticed the fans were running all the time but the temps were ok.
Downloaded AI Suite as it wasn't there and timkered with fans with litle progress, so fitted a new Corsair Commander Pro and things seemed to be better. Water cooling and 5 fans in the Corsair box.
However started having problems with booting up. It would settle on the bios start up and wanted me to hit F1 as it said it was overclocked. I've not overclocked it !! Also shows the cpu fan fault but I have seen this might be a comon fault to be ignored.
Each time on booting, I need to revisit the bios settings and its set itself to 4.9 or is it 49 - so need to turn that down. It seems to default to the higher level whenever it restarts.
I'm confused. lol Could this just be the motherboard battery knackered? Or is it something else.
I have unplugged the Commander and put the fans back on motherboard pins.
On checking bios version, I got 2 answers... SMBIOS Version 2.7 and BIOS mode Legacy.
Another check on BIOS gave me version 0507

I've not knowlingly done anything on the BIOS to update it or change it.

Back
Top Bottom