Asus ROG Ally

Soldato
So I thought this was an April fools Ally = A Lie but turns out it's legit. This apparently supposed to have double the performance and refresh rate of the Steam Deck. Whilst it's not gonna be as cheap, they are saying pricing will be competitive. Thoughts?

Soldato
OP
So it looks like it will have better cooling, more power, better screen, RGB, and likely higher price.

However, will the following match up? Controls, battery life, software support, after sales support, replacement parts available. I have my doubts.

What would you want on the software side other than customisations such as tdp and fan control. From Dave2D's video, SSD is really accessible and sticks are easy to replace. Batter we'll have to find out.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Well if this proves to be true, we know the 512gb and 1tb versions will be different not just in terms of storage.... At this point I just want Asus to release the damn thing so I can decide whether or not to sell my steam deck :rolleyes:
If there is a cheaper one, wonder if it would be slightly smaller.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Question is will steam deck have cheaper pricing. I already own base model and upgraded SSD to 512gb.

If this releases for under £700, I'm pretty sure I will buy it, although I play games very very casually these days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom