ASUS ROG Azoth, Advice?

Soldato
What are your thoughts on the ASUS Rog Azoth?

Looking to upgrade from a Logitech G910 Orion to something smaller and nicer to type. Switches on the Orion are dissapointing but it was a case I had bought into the eco system with a Logitech mouse and Lightspeed charging pad. I do like custom RGB profiles tied to games but this seemed to be hit and miss with the Logitech software.

With regard to the Azoth. The keyboard seems to get a good review which is let down by the software. I do like the OLED for PC Info. Is there any alternative software?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also looking at

iQunix ZX75 Gravity Wave​

SteelSeries Apex Pro TKL, not 2023​

HyperX Alloy Origins Core​

Keychron Q1 Pro​

Last edited:
Associate
I notice you didn't get any response to this - did you get an Azoth?

I have one, and I LOVE the keyboard, but Armoury Crate... oh my... what a disaster that is.

I started playing WoW Classic over Xmas and it kept crashing with an out of memory error. I couldn't understand it as I had just upgraded to 32GB RAM and so I thought that the RAM I had purchased may have been faulty. Transpired it was a problem with Asus software.
They eventually fixed it - but the amount of stuff that it installs is ridiculous. I only want to be able to use the OLED on the keyboard but doesn't seem possible without the Armoury Crate software.

Toying with trying to return it as not fit for purpose really, but can't see another keyboard that I'd be happy with as a replacement.

The Azoth is wireless, the battery lasts ages, the OLED screen is useful (I monitor CPU & GPU temps) and it's built like an absolute tank but the software is just diabolical.

Sigh.

Soldato
OP
Hi there,
Still looking but this keyboard is still on my list. Wooting 80HE is on the list now, so waiting to get some more info. It’s a shame Asus don’t back up great hardware with great software.

Back
Top Bottom