ASUS ROG G752VY-T7049T

Associate
Done it again. I've got a history of totally random impulse buys, and I'm deeply in the doghouse with the missus.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...tx980m-8gb-gddr5-gaming-laptop-lt-231-as.html

Your valued opinion please, chaps - is it a worthy lappy or have I bought a pooch?

...I really must stop doing this :(

(Due to arrive tomorrow (I think) - just looking for some brotherly spirit-raising before it arrives.)

Soldato
I just sold mine.

Great machine plenty of power and G-Sync is fantastic. A couple of issues is popping audio and the headphone socket area gets ruddy hot for no real reason.

Enjoy...

Soldato
Haha! I've yet to fully admit to my other half how much my new gaming laptop cost me. I bought the Asus G751JT which is the model down from yours in the older range, and love it to bits. You've definitely not bought a pooch!

Have the same one. I told my Mrs the price though. Not bad as was discounted to £1,100. Quick question- does your HDMI port work correctly? Have issues with mine.

Associate
OP
Arrived this afternoon, half an hour before I had to leave for work. :(

The free rucksack went down well with the missus as our youngest needs one for school, so thanks for that!

I look forward to getting home tonight so I can get cracking with bloatware deletion, then re-downloading my steam essentials.

Oh, I see it comes with Windows 10 home - any advantage upgrading to pro? My OS upgrade chain means I've always had the ultimate/pro versions since XP :D

Associate
OP
Ok, one final, stupid question.

How the heck do you turn on the illuminated keyboard?

(edit)OK, so it's Fn+F4. Problem is, only the left half lights up - q-t, a-g, z-n.

Bum.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, one final, stupid question.

How the heck do you turn on the illuminated keyboard?

(edit)OK, so it's Fn+F4. Problem is, only the left half lights up - q-t, a-g, z-n.

Bum.

Push the RoG button there are more options in there. Something about hot setting only lights half the keyboard from what I can remember...

Soldato
I have about 5M I use and it works fine. If you have tried other cables it could be a fault with the laptop.

I feel like such an idiot. After weeks of wondering what was wrong I realised it wasn't working simply because the laptop was forcing 4K res at 60Hz when my TV only supports HDMI 1.4. Facepalm

Back
Top Bottom