Asus ROG Gaming Strix X99

Associate
I am exceedingly happy to report that the CPU is fine and dandy : ) It seems Asus have learnt well from their past mistakes and added extra protection to the components connected to the CPU. This makes me a happy bunny and once again Overclockers came through with a fast service so I wasn't affected for very long . Cheers OC you guys rock .
Also @ abui I have to say apart from it frying I absolutely love the strix board its so well laid out in a physical sense and also the sheer amount of settings you can play with . I wouldnt let what happened to me put you off using it for checking chips as long as youre on the latest bios

Is there already a second reversion on this motherboard if so that was quick.

Associate
I've been looking at getting this board or the Asus X99 E-WS board. I know totally different animals but I just love the look of the WS over any of the 'refresh' x99 boards. RGB's don't bother me but I want it to look quite professional and preferably EATX to fit snugly in my 760T.

I had my eye on the MSI Titanium but after the problems/incompatibility with certain RAM kits I've stepped back on that choice...

I don't mind the cost of the WS non 3.1 version. I want something that will last me a while and I think the WS fits the bill. Also im not overly into OC'ing maybe a stable 4Ghz and im done, so leave and forget... I'm pairing it with a 6800k.

Also im coming from a Rampage 2 Extreme i7 D0 - What do I do? Pump the cash into the WS build or save and get the X99 strix?

Associate
Sorry if I caused confusion Its not the 2nd revision of the new Strix x99 board . The new Strix x99 is the 2nd revision of the old x99 range . Reading back over my post I should either have left the Strix out or the version 2 . Again sorry for being an eejit : )

Associate
Sorry if I caused confusion Its not the 2nd revision of the new Strix x99 board . The new Strix x99 is the 2nd revision of the old x99 range . Reading back over my post I should either have left the Strix out or the version 2 . Again sorry for being an eejit : )

no problems Voyd Asus have never been that quick all that matters is that it`s working ok and overclocks well.

Associate
Hey guys,

I just bought this board, maybe one of you water coolers can help me. Where do you plug in your pump fan? the natural choice is the W_PUMP header, but ive read a few articles that say put the pump connector into the CPU_FAN header. What have you guys done?

Im using a EK 140 Revo

Back
Top Bottom