• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus Rog matrix 2080ti

Man of Honour
Missing the point slightly. This is obviously for people who don't want to go through having to do a custom loop. If anything it having an aio under the shroud makes it a bit interesting.

The only interesting thing about it is how much Asus will try and charge for it.

If people really want an Asus card with similar performance for less money just grab a Strix 2080 Ti and even that is overpriced.

In the past the Matrix brand has been sold as something you could really go to town with overclocking, using an AIO cooler is a bit of a step back from that. The same can be said of the upcoming Kingpin 2080 Ti which also uses an AIO cooler which makes the card a bit of a joke.

Caporegime
OP
The only interesting thing about it is how much Asus will try and charge for it.

Cooling performance for me is more interesting, having the aio integrated into the shroud is a bit different from what past cards have done. The big complaint with cards with an aio has always been the tubing, its either too long, too short or too rigid. And if none of those are issues the last one that remains is it usually looks a bit untidy to say the least. This seems to be an attempt to put those concerns to bed, i'm just interested in seeing the cooling performance on what is known to be a hot running core, then future products could also possibly make use of it. :)

Price is going to be hilariously bad as is ALWAYS the case with asus cards, they really need a reality check in that department.

Caporegime
Im not sure I get it. All the down sides of an AIO (pump noise, pump reliability, leak risk) without the ability to exhaust the heat directly out the case like a traditional AIO cooled card.

Unless the cooling is amazing over a triple slot cooler (which are pretty capable) it's just added expense and complexity.

Caporegime
OP
Im not sure I get it. All the down sides of an AIO (pump noise, pump reliability, leak risk) without the ability to exhaust the heat directly out the case like a traditional AIO cooled card.

Unless the cooling is amazing over a triple slot cooler (which are pretty capable) it's just added expense and complexity.

Have to wait for reviews i suppose as the price is gonna be lulz worthy. At the least its an interesting idea to get rid of the aio pipe clutter, though i'm doubting thermal performance will be as good.

Associate
Its gotta be better than their current Strix cards or what's the point of releasing it, I don't understand how it will work and yeah it will be crazy money. Hopefully Gamers Nexus will do a tear down

Soldato

If people really want an Asus card with similar performance for less money just grab a Strix 2080 Ti and even that is overpriced.

In the past the Matrix brand has been sold as something you could really go to town with overclocking, using an AIO cooler is a bit of a step back from that. The same can be said of the upcoming Kingpin 2080 Ti which also uses an AIO cooler which makes the card a bit of a joke.

I love this comment as it should hit home with Nvidia and their AIB's but sadly it won't, When one of the biggest enthusiasts I have ever known calls something overpriced, In my opinion, That is when these companies should start listening and I mean that in a good way !

Soldato

You said the same about the last Kingpin after saying you weren't going to buy any, and you bought two of them lol.

Also in terms of out of the box overclocking, not sure how an AIO hybrid is worse than air cooling. When you dissect what you're saying, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, Kaap. Unless you know something that the two vendors don't.

Looks like it could be heat city for the VRM's...

VRM is fine, it's the memory which is most important on Turing besides core which is why it's taken care of well by the cold plate

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You said the same about the last Kingpin after saying you weren't going to buy any, and you bought two of them lol.

Also in terms of out of the box overclocking, not sure how an AIO hybrid is worse than air cooling. When you dissect what you're saying, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, Kaap. Unless you know something that the two vendors don't.

I did not buy the last Kingpin 1080 Ti card and as it turned out the card was a bit of a farce.

I agree that AIO is a bit better than air cooling but not something you would want to find on a very high end card like a Kingpin as it is the first thing that extreme users will rip off in favour of LN2 or a custom waterblock.

Back
Top Bottom