Asus ROG Spatha

Soldato
OP
This has arrived and have to say it seems solid and well built from my initial observations.
The software is easy to use and very straight forward.
The charging dock is actually quite weighty and sturdy, the base part is metal in construction, like a graphite feeling.
The mouse came 85% charged too so could operate it straight away.
As soon as i plugged the base into the pc it updated the firmware for it. You have to plug the mouse in with a usb cable to update the firmware on it as well.

I have taken pictures and will get those uploaded asap, i know there is plenty about but ive pictured it at the side of the logitech 700s for size comparison. Its wider than the logitech which for me is a good thing.
The Rog doesnt seem too heavy to me and just feels about right, a BF4 session will be needed to give a better idea of comfort over extended periods.
The side buttons are sturdy and you have to give a good push to gain a click which for me is a good thing as i grip just under the bottom front side button and so an accidental click while moving the mouse around isnt likely (one worry out the way).

Last edited:
Associate
hows the battery life on this..?,are the side buttons easy to use?
i am using a corsair m65 pro rgb at moment,its a great mouse but could be a bit bigger in size.
last wifi mouse i had was a razer mamba but could be a pain to place on dock,is it easy to mount mouse on charging dock,enjoy your new mouse :)

Soldato
OP
The placing on the dock is very easy and stable in place.
The battery life i cant say yet as only received it today.
The side buttons are good, however the middle two would be harder to distinguish once in the heat of battle i think. They take a sturdy press to activate them.
The two button on the top left of the mouse also require a good amount of pressure to use, and will take getting used to there position on the mouse.
Been out so not had chance to use the mouse much yet but im sure this will change tonight.

Associate
I've had my Spatha a few months now and I guess I must have small hands as I found it very large and heavy especially compared to my previous Logitech mice but once I got used to it I feel it's worth every penny.

As for battery life, I can game all day and still have charge, I'm not sure how much though as I religiously put it back on it's cradle at the end of each day.

Associate
I got my Asus Gladius (the predecessor to the Spatha) about a year ago and am glad to report that it's still working perfectly. I'm still calling the jury out on whether I like it more than the mouse it replaced (a Roccat Kone) in terms of comfort, but the replacement switches and high DPI/polling really make a difference in terms of smoothness and responsiveness.

Soldato
OP
10 months on and the mouse size wise for me is good and comfy.

The response in games like BF1 is good in terms of turning around to target etc.

The scroll wheel i find to be honest rubbish. I scroll with it to change weapon and some times nothing happens and sometimes it as if i have scrolled forward then back at the same time. I say this as the character goes through the animation to chnage weapon but ends up back with the same weapon i already had out.

The 2 buttons on top of the mouse side of the left click, the one closest to the front of the mouse has stopped working (button 5) but still clicks and feels firm, i have tried all sorts with it to try and see if its a firmware/software issue but it just doesnt show a press.

The battery life is excellent it lasts all day and when i put it on the cradle to charge at night it still has lots of life left.

The cluster of buttons on the side are awkward for fps games i find, as i often find i miss the button im trying to click and end up hitting a different one.

As i clasp grip the mouse the bottom front side button (button 7) is in the way and i usually have it said to knife/bayonet charge and when im turning around i often grip the mouse where that button is and end up knifing nobody lol.

All in all its a good mouse if you like battery life and a good sized mouse. But it does have quite a few little quirks to me.

I was even considering buying Roccat Leadr - http://www.roccat.org/en-GB/Products/Gaming-Mice/Leadr/

I should send this back for replacement as its got faults but i hate being without a mouse and dont have the funds to buy a new mouse as of yet.

I do also like the fact i can have different profiles for different games on board the mouise and switch between them as and when i need too.

Associate
Thanks for your reply, i eventually ended up getting a roccat leadr which i must say is the best mouse i have ever used. I have tried the rog spatha since but its a little too heavy and big for everyday use in my opinion.

V F

V F

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom