asus Rog Strix X670E-F Gaming wifi build

Associate
I've been building a £3500 machine for a customer using a Rog Strix X670E-F Gaming WIF board. The Asus CPU QVL List says that it will take the gskill memory that I have purchased.. G.SKILL F5-6000J3238F16GX2-TZ5NR. I presumed the ram must be faulty and got a replacement but the problem persists. I even got the mobo replaced but it will not recognise the ram whatever I do. including flashing the bios to the latest version. Any suggestions for high spec low latency ram that work with this board?

What happens when you boot the PC up? is it just a black screen?

If so how long have you left it as it could just be doing the memory training on first boot

Sometimes it can take 15 minutes on first boot to train the memory.

Any light error lights on the board lighting up?

I'm surprised this isn't working,I use the same ram in my Asus B650E-E with no issues. No error code showing? What slots do you have the ram in ?

What happens when you boot the PC up? is it just a black screen?

If so how long have you left it as it could just be doing the memory training on first boot
About 3 or 4 minutes but there is an orange light showing on the dram fault indicator on the board and there is no signal output whatsoever

I'm surprised this isn't working,I use the same ram in my Asus B650E-E with no issues. No error code showing? What slots do you have the ram in ?
there is an orange light showing on the dram error indicator on the board slots a1 and a2 but I have tried others and a peplacement set of ram... it works with corair 5400mt/s ram

About 3 or 4 minutes but there is an orange light showing on the dram fault indicator on the board and there is no signal output whatsoever
ram should be in slots 2 and 4. Had memory problem once with my b650e-e board, where code came up and had no output to screen also. solution was to take the cmos battery out and reset board. then next boot up board did memory training again and was fine after that

A1 and A2 . tried all other slots and a replacement set of ram
it is a high spec water cooling kit. that should have no bearing on the dram error.
The reason I asked about the cooler, is because if the RAM only works in one channel then that's usually suggesting either the board has a fault or the cooler has a mounting issue that is applying uneven/too much/too little pressure to the CPU.

it works with corair 5400mt/s ram
Can't you convince the customer to accept that spec? For most workloads the difference is minimal, especially with X3D CPUs.

ram should be in slots 2 and 4. Had memory problem once with my b650e-e board, where code came up and had no output to screen also. solution was to take the cmos battery out and reset board. then next boot up board did memory training again and was fine after that

Back
Top Bottom