ASUS ROG Swift PG27AQDM OLED 240Hz Monitor

Soldato
About to pull the trigger on this after watching and reading countless reviews, reddit posts etc. But before I do, does anyone here have this monitor and if so what's your feedback?

Associate
I bought one on sale. It’s still currently available dirt cheap at many retailers.

The picture is decent, I know many aren’t fans of the coating but I like it in daytime viewing. Nothing worse than reflections on glossy panels when you’re trying to watch something.

The best thing - whilst not exclusive to this monitor is the 240hz refresh rate.

It can be jarring going back to 120hz on an LG oled.

It came down to 3 monitors, the LG 27GR95QE, the Corsair QHD240 and the ASUS and the ASUS performs better in key areas.

Reports of loud fan on the LG put me off, and the low brightness on the Corsair was a no go.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought one on sale. It’s still currently available dirt cheap at many retailers.

The picture is decent, I know many aren’t fans of the coating but I like it in daytime viewing. Nothing worse than reflections on glossy panels when you’re trying to watch something.

The best thing - whilst not exclusive to this monitor is the 240hz refresh rate.

It can be jarring going back to 120hz on an LG oled.

It came down to 3 monitors, the LG 27GR95QE, the Corsair QHD240 and the ASUS and the ASUS performs better in key areas.

Reports of loud fan on the LG put me off, and the low brightness on the Corsair was a no go.
How's the brightness on the Asus? Many reviews claim it's terrible in well lit rooms - is it actually that bad?

The brightness on my Dell IPS is relatively low so not sure whether it'll be a factor for my use.

Associate
How's the brightness on the Asus? Many reviews claim it's terrible in well lit rooms - is it actually that bad?

The brightness on my Dell IPS is relatively low so not sure whether it'll be a factor for my use.

I don’t feel the need to crank it up so it’s certainly not lacking in brightness in my opinion.

The room that it’s in isn’t facing a window so there’s not direct light and I tend to prefer viewing displays in light controlled environments anyway.

I do find that matte panels don’t need to go as bright as glossy do to combat reflections so that is a factor.

But if someone was using it in a conservatory on a summers day they might find reason to complain.

I think a lot of the these comparisons where people complain anbout the ASUS are done against LCD, which for me go far too bright. I’ve not looked at reviews of recent oled but out of the ones I was comparing too the ASUS was the brightest.

How does the ASUS brightness compare to your dell on paper? When you say it’s low do you mean too low for you?

Soldato
I don’t feel the need to crank it up so it’s certainly not lacking in brightness in my opinion.

The room that it’s in isn’t facing a window so there’s not direct light and I tend to prefer viewing displays in light controlled environments anyway.

I do find that matte panels don’t need to go as bright as glossy do to combat reflections so that is a factor.

But if someone was using it in a conservatory on a summers day they might find reason to complain.

I think a lot of the these comparisons where people complain anbout the ASUS are done against LCD, which for me go far too bright. I’ve not looked at reviews of recent oled but out of the ones I was comparing too the ASUS was the brightest.

How does the ASUS brightness compare to your dell on paper? When you say it’s low do you mean too low for you?
Thanks, that's very insightful and I had similar thoughts in terms of how people might be comparing these.

The Dell is rated at 400cd/m2 whereas the Asus is 450, but rtings are getting much lower numbers with real-worlds testing. In the Dell OSD I have the monitor set to 33%, and I find that comfortable - at max brightness it's blinding.

Back
Top Bottom