Asus ROG Swift PG348Q, 34" + Acer Predator X34A Question To Owners Please.

Associate
Hi there guys can you tell me which of these monitors you have and how far the actual screen is from the back of the desk. what I mean is the back tripod stand is so far back so if you push the monitor as far back on your desk as you can how far from the base of the back stand is the front of the screen. I think I saw a video review of the acer predator and they said its about 35cm from the front of the screen to the back of the base of the stand so basically your screen is going to be 35cm closer to you than the back of your desk.

Associate
Hi Fireblade77, I have the ASUS RROG Swift PG348Q and from the back leg to the screen is 35cm. I have had this monitor since it was released and am very pleased with it.

Associate
OP
Hi Fireblade77, I have the ASUS RROG Swift PG348Q and from the back leg to the screen is 35cm. I have had this monitor since it was released and am very pleased with it.
ok thanks for letting me know. you must get the yellowish back light bleed in the corners or maybe in the bottom middle ?

Associate
I just purchased the ROG PG348Q last week along with the Zotac 1080 AMP Extreme. Actually really happy with the screen the picture is perfect.

Mine has some small patches of BLB in the corners but it is absolutly nothing to be concerned about for me. Once in games it disappears even when in dark locations I don't notice any BLB. The only time I see it is when my PC is booting or turned off and the monitor is on.

Colour is fantastic so rich and vibrant. Runs smooth at 100mhz find 60mhz stutters at times. As for screen depth 30-35cm is about right it is a bit of a beast. Takes up quite a bit of my desk but I'm finding it fine for my screen to be a little closer to me.

Associate
I purchased a monitor stand for my rog34 as the stand it came with took too much space on my desk. While the one included does look nice it was simply too big.

Associate
I purchased a monitor stand for my rog34 as the stand it came with took too much space on my desk. While the one included does look nice it was simply too big.
I got in touch the other day with a company called Proper who do desk brackets but they only do up to 27inch screens so what stand did you purchase?. I am thinking of getting the IKEA FREDDE table and will try and get a bracket from somewhere else.

Soldato
I got in touch the other day with a company called Proper who do desk brackets but they only do up to 27inch screens so what stand did you purchase?. I am thinking of getting the IKEA FREDDE table and will try and get a bracket from somewhere else.

I've got the Fredde and the Asus 34" . Just to warn you that with the original stand on the monitor will not physically sit on the monitor shelf. I removed mine and have it sat purely on the desk. If you want to make use of the shelf you'll need a monitor arm.

Associate

Instead of looking at size supported, look at weight supported. The pg348q is 8 kg.

Associate
I've got the Fredde and the Asus 34" . Just to warn you that with the original stand on the monitor will not physically sit on the monitor shelf. I removed mine and have it sat purely on the desk. If you want to make use of the shelf you'll need a monitor arm.

The one I found was Dataflex Viewmate monitor arm - desk 662 from the rainforest. Works well and I can adjust the distance, which is nice when I want to race and I need to sit further back than normal to allow for the steering wheel :)

Last edited:
Associate
Good Morning, Thanks just had a look at the arm but its a bit out of my league and the wife would have a fit the way it looks. I am still not sure about the Fredde table need to have a look at it but have done some research on it and it looks promising. I realise that I would have to remove the stand hence looking for a table arm or bracket.

Associate
Glanza thanks for the photograph and a big help but can you do me a favour, can you take a photo in daylight as at the moment its a bit dark. Many thanks.

Associate
The arm would be hidden behind the monitor so looks is secondary - unless the table is not up against the wall. In any case, go for weight support metric instead of size and find an arm that looks the part and fills your needs. I choose the one I chose due to the distance adjustment.

Soldato
I put my Asus ROG Swift PG348Q on an aftermarket stand as my PC desk is only 60cm deep...
(Stand called "Ergotron MX Desk Mount with LCD Arm" )

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Chaparell, Thanks and I've just ordered the Egotron Mx Desk Mount with LCD arm for my Asus ROG Swift PG348Q which I have been looking for. In a few months I will then get the IKEA Fredde table which I have had my eye on for some time in a few months. I really like the Asus stand but it takes up to much room on my 60cm desk so hopefully this arm will help.

Associate
Fireblade77, Sorry for not replying sooner , yes there is some bleeding but nothing to worry about even when I use it in darkness, its a brilliant monitor and picture is outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom