1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus RTX 2060 - Disappointing VR performance

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Slinky69, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Slinky69

Associate

It's not running Fallout 4 VR as well as my old 980ti (RIP) did. I've had to turn down the resolution from 140% to 100% to get it playable.

Disappointing, to say the least, having just spent £300 :(

Anything in particular I should tweak, or should I think about sending it back to OC and paying even more to swap it for a 2080? :(

2. kevman

Gangster

I would expect the 2060 to beat the 980ti but not by all that much. Is it just fallout that it's a problem with or all vr games?

3. Slinky69

Associate

Fallout 4 VR is what I had been playing before my old card died, so it happened to be what I tried first. It was very noticably choppier using the exact same settings I had for my 980ti.

SteamVR itself suggests a 160% resolution, where it suggested 140% for the 980ti, however even at 100% it is still going into "motion smoothing" mode and doesn't look great.

The Steam VR home works fine, as does Space Pirate Trainer - Unfortunately FO4VR is known to be badly optimised and need a beast of a card, I am just shocked that this one seems to perform worse than my old one...

4. ljt

Mobster

Probably a daft question, but did you uninstall the drivers before putting in the 2060?

5. Slinky69

Associate

Hmm, not explicitly, but a new version installed after I put the new card in.

I have decided to bite the bullet, I won't be happy with this card now, so I am sending it back and have ordered a 2080 to replace it.

Prayers for my wallet gratefully received ;)