Asus Strix E system connectors

Associate
My Asus X570-E manual system connections shows this. Do I assume Pin 1 is positive? For PLED, PWRBTN and RESET, can thwy be inserted either way? Apologies if this is not clear question.

1333363123_Systembuttons.jpg.f1dff894f73a7c3e0c7b193cf9bcc5b5.jpg

Soldato
Yes that is correct. I can double check exactly how I have it as I just done it last week but I believe pin 1 is as you say.
As for the power botton and reset button connectors, They don't have a polarity as they are just switches.

Associate
OP
Yes that is correct. I can double check exactly how I have it as I just done it last week but I believe pin 1 is as you say.
As for the power botton and reset button connectors, They don't have a polarity as they are just switches.

Many thanks! So, for the PLED, the + is on the left side looking at the picture? In other words, pin above PIN 1 for the HDLED if this makes sense!

Soldato
Many thanks! So, for the PLED, the + is on the left side looking at the picture? In other words, pin above PIN 1 for the HDLED if this makes sense!
I believe so, is there not a + marking on the motherboard itself?
I'll be home from work at around 5 so can check as soon as I get in and report back so you have no doubt.
I can't really remember as I was getting through a few beers at the time of building.

Associate
OP
I believe so, is there not a + marking on the motherboard itself?
I'll be home from work at around 5 so can check as soon as I get in and report back so you have no doubt.
I can't really remember as I was getting through a few beers at the time of building.

That will be great! Looked at the board but the writings is so so tiny - I cannot make out! I will certainly not be drinking prior to the build this weekend :)

Associate
OP
Yup, Positive on the first pin. Not a very good picture to be fair.
Edit: Found a better one.

Excellent! Many thanks - this helps and will save me frustration with the pins!

Any other points to watch out for with this board? I am using 3700X with be quiet 900 pro case and be quiet rock 4 pro air cooler

Soldato
Excellent! Many thanks - this helps and will save me frustration with the pins!

Any other points to watch out for with this board? I am using 3700X with be quiet 900 pro case and be quiet rock 4 pro air cooler

I was going to ask what you were running it with!
I'm using the 3600 in an old case just now along with a dark rock pro 4.
What paste are you using and RAM?
Remember and update the BIOS to the latest version (1201 ABBA which has the better boosting Agesa.)
Other than that, I've not had any issues so far. Seems to be doing as it should.

Associate
OP
I was going to ask what you were running it with!
I'm using the 3600 in an old case just now along with a dark rock pro 4.
What paste are you using and RAM?
Remember and update the BIOS to the latest version (1201 ABBA which has the better boosting Agesa.)
Other than that, I've not had any issues so far. Seems to be doing as it should.

Planning to use Arctic MX-4 2019 edition. Memory will be G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2 x 16Gb modules. I am a Non-RGB person and will not try and overclock anything to start with. The PC is for professional work (finance), streaming, home video editing and browsing. I am not a Gamer. Also, I tend to keep my equipment for a while, so trying to future proof (hopefully)as well.

Soldato
Planning to use Arctic MX-4 2019 edition. Memory will be G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2 x 16Gb modules. I am a Non-RGB person and will not try and overclock anything to start with. The PC is for professional work (finance), streaming, home video editing and browsing. I am not a Gamer. Also, I tend to keep my equipment for a while, so trying to future proof (hopefully)as well.

Seems reasonable then.
Once you get into the bios, set docp to enable and then fclk to 1600 and should be job done to get them running at 3200 hopefully.

Soldato
Still transfering HDs, Optical etc. to new PC. With the Strix X570-E board, I see motherboard message codes of AA, 40 and 30 as examples which I am not sure what they are.

I'm pretty sure all those codes are normal. I think 30 and 40 are different states of hibernation the computer was in. I think they are all in the manual.

Back
Top Bottom