Associate
Hello guys i just finished building my new pc

5800x

corsair h100i elite

asus strix x570-f

32gm ram corsair vengeance rgb pro

rm850x psu

my old 1070

Long story short, i booted with 4 ram slots in and it gave me black screen with the yellow DRAM light always on.

I tought it was a bios issue, i flashed the 4002 BIOS, tried again, same problem.

After that i removed all the slots, tried with one single ram slot each time and with the 3rd and 4th slots the system boots, when i put anything in the first 2 slots (from the left) the pc won't boot at all, only the yellow DRAM indicator always on. I tried all the different ram 8x4 in the 3rd/4th slot and they all work, so i guess it's not the ram itself.

I also tried to unmount the processor, clean it up, mount the aio again. Same ****.

I honestly no idea what to do. Is it a defective mobo? or what else could it be?

Lgn

Lgn

Associate
OP
exact specs of your ram. i know ryzen 3000 and 5000 chips can be iffy with certain types of older kits of corsair ram, have you tried just 1 stick of ram to see if that will work, if not i'd say your ram is the issue and a updated kit will be needed

in dual channel mode you need to use slot 2 and 4 to boot if you use 1 and 3 the pc will stop on dram logo

i resocketed the cpu multiple times, checked the pins, tried different pressure on the aio. No changes.

I've tried all the 4 ram in slot 3-4, and they work perfectly. As soon as i put anything in slot 1-2 there's no boot. Basically i could use the pc using slot 3-4 only. Everything works fine...

This is my exact ram model
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black DDR4-RAM 3600 MHz 4x 8GB

Lgn

Lgn

Associate
OP
One single stick should work in every ram slot, no?
Also, how can a single slot work in the 3-4 slot and not in slot 1-2 if it's not compatible with the mobo?

Lgn

Lgn

Associate
OP
So basically the mboo is broken since it won't boot with 1 stick on slot 1-2 but it will boot on slot 3-4.
No matter the combination, when slot 1-2 are polulated, the mobo will not boot not matter what.

I'll send this trash mobo back and buy a tomahawk from MSI. **** Asus.

Lgn

Lgn

Associate
OP
Please read what i wrote again, WITH EVERY COMBINATION IF SLOT 1-2 ARE POPULATED IT WILL NOT BOOT.
Also, i can boot fine on my old dual channel mobo with 1 single ram stick in slot 1

Lgn

Lgn

Associate
OP
IF I PUT A SINGLE STICK IN SLOT 2 THE MOBO DOESN'T BOOT, IF I PUT SLOT 2-4 DOESN'T BOOT. IF I PUT ONLY SLOT 4 IT BOOTS. R E A D.

Back
Top Bottom