ASUS TUF FX505DV Benchmarks

Associate
Hi I have had this laptop now for 1 week and am more than impressed with the performance and gaming experience, I have now sold my desktop PC and use this to game on, I am now converted to laptop gaming, had a PC for 10+ year. I am keen to compare this to laptops around the £1k mark. This was £980 for me.

Specs,
AMD R7-3750H
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
512GB PCI-e NVME SSD
16GB DDR4 - 2400
120Hz IPS Panel

I have managed to clock the monitor to 144Hz and the 2060 +140 Clock +600 Memory, I have not changed anything CPU wise.

User Bench Results
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20871320

TimeSPY.png

Untitled.png

bench.png

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'll give it a whirl on an older Asus gaming laptop which cost me £850 a few months back.
What do you want me to run?

Brilliant :) always good to compare laptops around the same price point, I feel the Ryzen 7 in my Asus is massively underpowered compared to an i7. It will get destroyed in CPU tasks. Although the CPU runs a lot cooler, I can genuinely run GTA5 in 1080p with max settings and have the fan speed low and achieve 60+FPS and it runs fine I have not seen the CPU hit 80c+ yet with a low fan profile.
Will do it over clocked as well as you have too :)

Please do, will be very interseting to see how the i7 is with an 1660ti, maybe we could try some game benchmarks to compare? I am open to suggestions!

Associate
OP
What do I need to download and what do I run?

If you could try 3DMark Timespy that would be a good comparison, if you don't have steam it can be a hassle to install though.

Unigine and try copy my settings
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/unigine_superposition_benchmark.html

Also userbench and post the link to your results.
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/

Also Heaven benchmark with the settings I have used below.
https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven?lang=en

I am also open to suggestions :)

unigine.png

Associate
OP
Nice!!!! I have just ran Heaven again as you have 8xAA off. Your max FPS and min are much better. I get a huge stutter in frame 22 so not sure whats wrong there! But for a 3 year old laptop the 1070 is very impressive.

Untitled.png

Associate
OP
The 1070 is still an impressive card almost identical to the newer RTX 2060 :) I would guess SSD speeds only help general windows tasks and loading of games, I don't think it has an impact on FPS although I could be wrong.

Associate
OP
I was playing GTA FiveM last night in bed! What a nice experience, solid 60+FPS with the quite mode enables. Loving laptop life. I know a desktop PC will eat it alive in benchmarks but for the ease of use and portability I am sold. Gone past 14 days now so no returns for me :D

Also looking into undervolting the 2060 and Ryzen CPU I have seen good results in speed and quietness. Massive minefield though for me been the Ryzen Mobile is relativity new.

Associate
OP
I was looking to pick one of these laptops up recently via a deal on the rainforest. might keep my eye on it to see if it comes up again.

i currently have an Asus running a i5-6300h paired with a GTX960m. How much of a step up would the AMD R7-3750H, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB give me?

How much is it? I have one if you need any info or benchmarks running let me know, its been perfect for me, has not missed a beat since day one.

Associate
OP
Can any laptop benchmarks join this thread or only Asus?

I think it will be a good idea :)

Been very impressed with the Ryzen + RTX 2060 combo been playing the new COD and getting excellent performace gaming on my 4K TV also been playing a lot of GTA5 in 4K and hitting 40-50FPS in Very High with all the good stuff on, been a very CPU intensive game the 4 core Ryzen is doing well.

Associate
OP
finally pulled the trigger on one of these yesterday. down to £899.. somewhere. Arrives tomorrow :)

Very nice! Brilliant price for a 2060 Laptop. I have MSI Afterburner installed as I game on Performance/Silent mode to help the noise, the GPU can clock + 159 on the core & + 620 on the Memory, this help a lot and only brings +4c temp.

Associate
OP
I needed a new laptop so picked up one in Black Friday sales last year. I've got 2 gaming PCs at home so didn't need a full on gaming replacement, just something that could play some games even if the settings where turned down. I ended up getting a TUF FX705DT. It's got the 3550H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe and a GTX 1650. I'm actually really impressed with it, turn down the settings in games to Medium/High and it has no problems getting good performance. I was close to paying the extra for the 1660ti but I game on it so infrequently I couldn't justify the cost. I've not looked into UV the CPU, is it possible and worth it?

From what I have read I don't think you can with the AMD chips. I would like to know.

Any chance of doing a CPU benchmark? Looks like the Ryzen 7 is not much quicker than the Ryzen 5

Back
Top Bottom