Asus Vintage AE1 Reset issues?

Associate
Hi, I hope this is the right place to post about this... I'm looking for people's feedback on the issue, as hopefully it's nothing serious. I've got a computer problem with a barebones system and wonder if anyone knows of issues with this box...

So a relative asked me to purchase an Asus Vintage AE1 Full system (Primo Plus Complete) from OcUK, and since it arrived just under two weeks ago, it's been randomly restarting for no apparent reason every now and again.

Does anyone know of any issues with this barebones system? It's restarted when Internet Explorer has been opened, when MSN Messenger has been opened, when a contact has messaged my relative on MSN, when a Windows game has been played... The Windows XP Event Viewer logs nothing that could have caused the error, however there are mini-dump logs in the XP minidump folder, which don't give me any idea as to what's going on.
The restarts randomly happen, and don't constantly occur from one particular event.

The computer's up to date with Windows Updates, and before I stuck it online I put Zone Alarm and AVG on it to give it some level of protection against the scum of the net, (having had an XP PC get infected within 20 seconds of being online, I always put Zone Alarm and AVG on before making a first connection to the net to download updates).

I do notice that in the Computer Device Manager, there is an unkown PCI device, though I dunno what it is, and for fear of invalidating any warranty OcUK might have, I haven't opened the case yet. :p

I've been shopping for parts off OcUK for years, but this is the first time I've dealt with a full system from the site, so I'm quite the noob not only to OcUK's pre-built stuff, but also to the forums, as I don't usually check in on here.

I tried searching the forums for any previous messages on this, but my search turned up no results. Sorry if anyone's posted about this in the past! :o

Last edited:
Associate
If you purchased the system from overclockers then I suggest you take it up with them, we have a lot of these units in use and as of current, have not had any problems whatsoever.

Incidently, the unknown pci device is probably caused by the amd cool and quiet driver not being installed or being installed incorrectly. Although without looking at your system thats just speculation based on previous experience.

Hope that helps

Dan

Back
Top Bottom