1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus x570 tuf problems with nvme and rgb memory

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Rabid Dog, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Rabid Dog

Wise Guy

Hi all. Looking for some help with my recent build. If I try to use the lower nvme slot (with heatsink) and my nvme, the system won't boot it won't even post. Nvme is a sabrent rocket q 1tb. It works o.k on the top slot. I also have an issue with my corsair vengeance rgb. The rgb works but when in windows after about an hour the rgb just stops working. All drivers are upto date and running latest bios on mobo. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.
    RD.

2. The Old School Gamer

Hitman

I can understand why it may not boot if Windows was installed on the NVME while it was in the top slot.
    You would probably have to run a repair from the installation USB/DVD media to correct the boot record.

But you should be able to POST and enter the BIOS after the drive is physically moved.

BTW I do use the bottom m2 slot on my TUF instead of the top slot, but I didn't switch that is how I originally set it up.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  3. Rabid Dog

Wise Guy

thanks for your reply , got it sorted now . Turns out its the motherboard , just got a new one delivered and its all ok . currently running with nvme in the lower slot . about to send the other one back .

4. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

Is there any reason you don't want to use the top slot? Does the heat sink fit the top one? I ask as I have the same board and I'm thinking of getting an nvme drive.

5. Rabid Dog

Wise Guy

Didn't want to use top slot as you can see the nvme. Heat sink doesn't fit the top one. Just plugged it into the new motherboard and everything was good to go. Defo a faulty one.

6. The Old School Gamer

Hitman

Yup plus in my case I wanted to take a heat source away from that area and have easier access in case I wanted to replace it in the future.