ASUS Xonar U7 - Drivers Win 10

Associate
I've not had a gread experience with the Windows 10 drivers for this, does anyone know of any third party drivers that would work better and are a bit more light weight?

I've read online that the Windows 8 drivers work better on windows 10, but just thought I would look for an alternative to there naff software.

Soldato
I don't think there are. There are Uni Xonar drivers, but these are for the internal cards only. AFAIK, they haven't done any drivers for external Xonar's.

Soldato
Use the Windows 8 8.0.11.19 WHQL drivers.

I have the U7 Echelon and it works fine with those. ( I have no need of the Sonic Studio fluff any way)

Occasionally the Dolby HTV4 can be a bit of a pain to get working too, but otherwise the hardware itself works fine.

ASUS truly sucks when it comes to their drivers, though equal blame can also go towards Cirrus Logic and Microsoft themselves (Especially during major Win 10 O/S updates that may break something).

Apparently the U7 MKII was made in response to be more compatible with Windows 10, though I have no idea if that is true.

Associate
OP
Cheers, I think those are the ones I used in the end. Then had another big windows 10 update yesterday and everything went to pot.

Managed to sort it in the end by disabling all other output devices and just leaving the U7.

Back
Top Bottom