Asus Xonar U7

Associate
Would the driver from the product page be better than the Windows 10 driver it installs for the Xonar U7? With the 1903 update noticed some strange crackling/fuzzy noise randomly every now and again.

Asus Xonar U7 product page driver:
Version 4.14 (2016/07/13)

Soldato
Can only try it and see what happens. Asus driver updates are terrible though. Currently, they make Creative look impressive with their updates.

There are modified drivers available for internal Xonar's, but not for the external USB Xonar's. I have no idea why that is. Got to put up with Asus or Windows own drivers, sadly.

Associate
OP
Can only try it and see what happens. Asus driver updates are terrible though. Currently, they make Creative look impressive with their updates.

There are modified drivers available for internal Xonar's, but not for the external USB Xonar's. I have no idea why that is. Got to put up with Asus or Windows own drivers, sadly.

Ahhh ok, thanks anyway.

Soldato
Wintoys10 is known for force installing what ever crap drivers it can find.
Along with OS patches breaking drivers.
So when in doubt, reinstall what worked.

Associate
OP
Wintoys10 is known for force installing what ever crap drivers it can find.
Along with OS patches breaking drivers.
So when in doubt, reinstall what worked.

I think it might of been the windows 10 1903 update which caused the strange audio issues, have not had the Asus software installed for quite some time.

Soldato
I find the latest official drivers for my Xonar STX just crash windows frequently now. The Uni-xonar ones seem to work, but I suspect they are also causing an intermittent crash. Quite a few times I've had a sudden lock up right after an audio track starting (including youtube).

Great card, just a shame it's an Asus one. I've gone back to using the internal Realtek which sucks, you can definitely tell the difference through headphones.

Caporegime
Got my new rig the other day, and decided not to bother using my U7 on it (just in case i got any problems), so im just keeping it on my old rig, and just using the onboard sound on my new one, sounds fine (boards the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro).

Back
Top Bottom