• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

At a cornerstone, help please

Associate
Hi, im currently running a 9700k on an aorus master. im looking to go to the i9 on the 1200 socket but im aware of roumers that the Ryzon is better ??? is this the case please. im a gamer btw cheers

oh and a heads up on when the evga 3080 ftw is next in would be great too cheers:)

Associate
OP
iv spent all afternoon in youtube on Amd, which tbh i thought id never do again.
thank you everyone, this could end up expensive.
ok so mobo? brand ? please

Associate
If this is just for gaming, do you really think you'll see much of a difference from a 9700k? Are the likes of an i9 / 5900x really necessary?

Sounds like you have a solid setup already. This'll sure be an expensive 4 or 5 FPS.

Soldato
If your current frame rate is smooth as butter, you won't even notice. Why not wait until you notice the odd stutter? Then upgrade it and you'll notice the improvement.

It sounds to me like you're just bored and want to spend your money on something.

Associate
OP
i doubt it will have much impact on my reaction speed at 54 i think i might just be coming to terms that whatever i buy wont really make me compettive any more lol .yeh i slept on it and now reading this ha i think im ok for now. i like pcs and i think i will always like swapping out for new stuff and its always interesting to see whats what so thanks for the help and a little kick back to reality never hurt anyone. it might even help others. merry christmas everyone :)

Associate
i doubt it will have much impact on my reaction speed at 54 i think i might just be coming to terms that whatever i buy wont really make me compettive any more lol .yeh i slept on it and now reading this ha i think im ok for now. i like pcs and i think i will always like swapping out for new stuff and its always interesting to see whats what so thanks for the help and a little kick back to reality never hurt anyone. it might even help others. merry christmas everyone :)

Good man for thinking it through. Too easy to get suckered by the upgrade bug!

Back
Top Bottom