At what age am I allowed my own space?

Associate
This is a rant however I like to think it has a little more to it than the usual. Basically I lived in my house for 12 years growing up then took a gap year in London, my Mum then moved out my sister moved in. The gap year was great for learning however I was unhappy everywhere else, the house share I lived in had an awful landlord who lived in and I never felt at home there. After the gap year I started uni and lived in halls, which generally ****ed me off, disgusting kitchen, bathroom etc. Over these couple of years I suffered from depression and sought help through uni and I'm generally okay now. This year I'm going to have to live in another flat share which I'm hugely dreading so I tell people this who are interested in how my uni is going. I don't expect anything from them however their only consolation is that I'm young and I'm meant to live in **** for a while. SO I ask thee, what is the right time in life to be happy?

Please just ignore if you think the above is ridiculous.

Associate
OP
Don't get me wrong I don't expect anything, just really want it!

Those of you who say I'm not doing anything are under informed however it's still a little silly to jump to conclusions. I'm starting my own business currently which is going quite well, I study a FULL time degree in one of the best unis and work in the holidays however the rent is London is ludicrous. I have never not had a job or been in full time education since I was a months older than 16.

I work hard, it's just in my nature to yearn for my own space. No matter how nice the people I end up living with are I still don't want someone in my house, I feel like they are an intruder - I can never relax.

But my real point was people telling me I had to go through it for the sake of my age, which I find very weird. Why do I have to accept someone's made up stupid rule?

Back
Top Bottom