1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ataribox

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by baldmonk, Jul 17, 2017 at 2:25 PM.

1. baldmonk

Hitman

new console from Atari after 20 year wait :):eek: I for one am excited about this and will deffo be picking omne up not sure if I would go retro wood or not yet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

no specs have been given, we do know there will be an SD slot, HDMI output and four USB ports.

2. mmj_uk

Capodecina

Everyone will be able to experience the wonder that is ET.

3. McBain

Capodecina

All about Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

4. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

I actually do like that.. As long as it doesn't just play old Atari games. That said if its nice and cheap you could rip the guts out and swap for a Rpi or a Mitx pc :D

5. baldmonk

Hitman

looks like this is going the crowd funding route also speculation suggests it will play old games and current games.

6. Qel

Hitman

Love the design at least, functionality remains to be seen.

7. dowie

Caporegime

is this going to be made by Atari or is it going to be another product by AT Games - IIRC they didn't exactly have Stella reviews of their previous creations though are supposed to be promising a new version of their mini megadrive/genesis that won't have sound issues etc.. so perhaps even if it is them behind this new Atari it might still be good

8. baldmonk

Hitman

made by atari:)

9. x-st

Associate

I can think of almost no Atari games that I'd want a dedicated console to play....

10. cheesyboy

Sgarrista

That's actually quite pretty. Love the wood

11. vodkacokebloke

Hitman

i need to know which atari's it will actually emulate before i get excited. ST? Lynx?, Jaguar? If it is purely 35/40 year old games then i doubt i'll bother.

12. Jamesyboyjim

Wise Guy

Are you trying to tell me you don't want to replay the classic 2600 version of Pac-man? :D

13. lokiss

Wise Guy

They should have gone with the Jag, or even the Lynx.

A stylised Lynx would have killed it.

14. baldmonk

Hitman

no details on which systems or games it will emulate but that's not all its going to do apparently its going to play 3rd party games and new releases but once they announce the specs and bit more info we will know a lot more.:)

15. Disco_P

Mobster

Seems neither Atari or investors have no faith in the artaribox as they are crowd funding it.

Thanks but no thanks.