• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ati 5750

Soldato
Starting a new thread to try and focus my thoughts and be clearer with my problem.

Specs are:

Asus a8n-vm-se Motherboard
4200x2
2 GB Ram

Now the issue is after I install the new graphics card then windows (vista or 7 - have tried both) does not recognised the previous realtek onboard audio and installs the basic windows HD audio drivers which dont work. If I re-install the realtek drivers then it works fine, even re-starts and works but after a shut-down it goes back to re-installing windows drivers which only see spdif and thus my speakers dont work again.

There seems to be lots of issues with others not getting sound over HDMI - I am the other way round - I dont want HDMI, I just want the basic onboard sound to stay working and use the 5750 as a normal GPU.

Any ideas.?

Soldato
OP
yes, have disabled the HDMI but that doesnt seem to make a difference - as soon as I re-boot then it has already dropped the sound drivers and still re-installs the windows ones.

Soldato
OP
I am going to have another go when I get home, what is the best order to install a clean windows 7:

1. disable on board sound, leave 5750 in, install windows, then enable onboard sound and install realtek drivers?
2. enable on board sound, install windows using on board video and install realtek drivers, then install 5750 over the top?
3. enable onboard sound, install windows with 5750 in (this is how I did it first which I think doesnt work), then install realtek driver?

Which is the best way of getting the onboard sound to reamin as a realtek?

Soldato
OP
update - its not the GPU - it does it even when using onboard video only, on a clean install! For some reason windows will not recognise the hd audio as realtek and thus load its default hd audio driver which doesnt work.

I can then, each time select the realtek driver and I have speakers again. Is there any way to remove the windows 7 drivers and replace them with the realtek ones?

Back
Top Bottom