• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI CCC What are the right settings?

Soldato
Hi guys

I know the general AA/AF stuff within CCC but what should the other settings be .i.e. A.I enabled or disabled? Adaptive AA etc etc?? Should I have it on or off :confused:

I have a X1900XT 512mb with a HR3 cooler so I want to make sure I get the right settings within CCC and make sure I get the most out of it?

I play COD2 - BF2 - PR 0.5 :)

Associate
Ati Tray Tools doesnt seem to work in Vista for me. However in CCC I everything at full and only really playing BF2142 (so good!!) atm (which runs better in Vista by 15% from what I have read :D)

Used FRAPs to get FPS but because I have V sync enabled (hate tearing) then 95% of the time, unless there are lots of trees, I get 60FPS with 1680x1050. On 1920x1080 I get around 45-60 (with no V sync as its a 40" LCD)

Soldato
OP
Concorde Rules said:
Drop CCC and use ATi Tray Tools.

job done. lol

Yeah sorry should have said I'm on Vista Ultimate otherwise I wouldn't have even had to ask :)

ATi tray tools was a must when I was on XP but now I have changed OS I need to get this right

Caporegime
I used to have CAT A.I disabled, as it reduces quality to keep frame-rates up with graphic optimizations.

I used to have either 2x, 4x, 6x AA on with the temporal box ticked.

16x AF with High quality ticked.

Cat A.I = disabled

Mipmap = Slider fully right for Quality.

V-sync = always on.

Adaptive AA = Enabled and slider fully right for Quality.

Then in the API Triple Buffering = Ticked.

That was on my old x1800 XT 512mb in 1280x1024, and it handled everything fine at those settings, and that quality, so your x1900 will with ease. :)

Back
Top Bottom