• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ati or Nvid?

Soldato
kbc said:
Your suggestion would mean he'd need a new board. ;)

BAH - apologies - my bad :p but my investigating comment stands :D Looking for an AGP limits the choice quite a bit for £100, maybe it is time to upgrade to a new MoBo? :D

Exsomnis said:
To be fair, 512MB RAM does jack for cards that slow. It barely does anything for even the newest cards, to be honest. If anyone were to buy a GTO I would definitely recommend the 256MB model instead and have them save a few quid, just me though.

Future proofing? May not now, but there are more and more games coming out that utilise the extra GPU memory. Personally I wouldn't write it off...

EDIT: AGP for just over £100:
PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 GTO 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-050-PC)
The RADEON™ X800 series offers a future-proof solution by fully adapting the newest PC architecture standard to support current and upcoming game titles, operating systems and multimedia applications.

- 400MHz GPU Clock Speed
- 256MB 980MHz GDDR3 memory accelerates the latest cutting edge 3D applications
- 256-bit quad-channel GDDR3 memory interface
- Twelve pixel pipelines
- Six programmable vertex shader pipelines

Full Specification

Price: £99.95 (£117.44 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Sapphire X1600 Pro 512MB DDR2 AVIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-120-SP)
A tool for the performance oriented, the Sapphire X1600 PRO comes equipped with the hardware muscle to deliver an entire realm of fantasy right to your desktop due in large part to the awesome feature-set of the RADEON X1600 core, robust onboard memory configurations and 12 pipeline architecture. An impressive hardware compilation supporting CrossFire paired with support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 ensures future compatibility and the advent of the ATI Avivo Video and Display Platform ensures that you will not have to be limit your fantasies to just your desktop.