• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Tool

Soldato
Hi, I've just d/loaded the latest version of ATI tools but when I run either the find max core or mem it tells me that 'the video card you've selected for overclocking in ATI tool does not seem to be used by windows. Visual testing has been disabled'. Montor output, as far as I can see is enabled so what's up?
ChrisC

Soldato
OP
Hi Exsomnis, yes I did but I thought I could overclock using this tool without doing all of that. So, aside from the ATI's adaptive overclock which doesn't work on my card, an easier way of automatically overclocking?
ChrisC

Soldato
As far as I know the problem with overclocking X1800 and X1900 series cards is the 2D/3D mode switching. Has to be disabled first or you'll end up overclocking to 2D mode and the card will actually run slower (stock) in 3D mode.

Soldato
chriscatt said:
Hi Exsomnis, yes I did but I thought I could overclock using this tool without doing all of that. So, aside from the ATI's adaptive overclock which doesn't work on my card, an easier way of automatically overclocking?
ChrisC

This is the only way to clock the X1XXX series cards at the minute,as far as i'm aware.You have to follow the thread instructions to be able to overclock.

Rob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom