• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI X1800XT

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Hello people. New to this forum.. anyway's

Got this graphic card when it was on sale a week ago. :D

Now i want a new cooler on it so i can overclock this damn gfx card to the max lol, so what cooler's will you people will recommend me...?

Associate
Hello, first to say welcome!

You want the Zalman VF-900.

I guarantee you 99% of the users on this forum will advice you to get this cooler.

But you should remember adding a custom cooler voids warranty. However, who will notice if you refitted the stock at another point? :)

Caporegime
Looks the same to me, just louder, and a bit more expensive as its got that **** name on it, and before you ask yes thats right its the 2D speeds, 3D speeds kick in when you start gaming (625mhz - 1500mhz). :D

Welcome to the forums btw. :)

Associate
The Zalman FC-ZV9 should be better on paper. It's exactly the same as the vf900, but the fan goes more quickly.

Either one will be better than the stock cooler. I shuld warn you though, once you put those ram sinks that come with the Zalmans onto your card, they will be a bugger to remove.

Soldato
what about the Artic Cooling Accelero X2 Cooler?

these seem a good price and also they pump the heat out of the case like the stock cooler.

out of the 2 coolers which one is quieter?

Soldato
GinG said:

these seem a good price and also they pump the heat out of the case like the stock cooler.

people like the Accelero as well. if youre case doesnt have good cooling then getting a cooler which pushes hot air out is a good choice

Last edited:
Soldato
GinG said:

The zalman will be quieter at its lowest speed but you have the option of turning the speed up if you need to. btw the Accelero doesn't push the air out of the case, the silencers do that (for what little it is worth).

Sho

Sho

Soldato
OP
Yea il be getting the VF900, Gona order this friday when i get paid.

But one more thing, Sometimes it can be soo noisy then t will make these Squeeky noises from out of the blue.

Soldato
GinG said:

Actually the Accelero X2 doesn't blow the hot air out of your case at all, it blows it straight down onto your PCI-E slot. Dunno what they were thinking when they designed it :rolleyes:

The VF900 is generally reckoned to be the quieter and to cool better, but it costs more. The VF900 looks a lot nicer, especially if you go for the LED one. The real-life shots of the X2 I've seen were truely ugly, and it's massive.

They are both supposed to get rid of the noise the X1800 cooler makes though :) And they both need decent case airflow.

Back
Top Bottom