Audi Emissions Software Update - Mandatory in the UK?

Associate
Morning!

I've recently had my Audi serviced, to which they informed me that two software updates were available;

1) Air Conditioning
2) Emissions

I stated that I did not want the Emissions update carrying out and signed there job list that I presume they give to the technician?

Anyway, picked the car up and I can distinctly notice the lack of performance, mainly due to the fact that previously my car was re-mapped & all i can presume now is that they have carried out this emissions update despite me stating that I didn't want it...

Is it a mandatory requirement to have this update? If so, I will be getting back on to Audi and asking why I wasnt informed of this prior to the service. If it isn't, then I will be asking for them to pay for the re-mapping service again!

Is there an easy way of determining if the update has been done? or do I need VAG Com?

Cheers guys! :)

Associate
OP
Why would you need to update the ECU as part of the service.....

That isn't stated prior to taking the car in, so why should they carry out work that you haven't agreed with?

Associate
OP
Had a call back from the service manager... they questioned the technician and he admitted to starting the software update, however he clicked 'abort' part way through the process when he realised he shouldn't have done it....

Audi is going to refund me for the cost of having it remapped !! :D = result!

Back
Top Bottom