Audio Sync issues after enabling Memory XMP Profile on a Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK

Associate
Hello all

Looking to see if anyone else has an idea why I'm having audio sync issues in video files and streaming sites after enabling Memory XMP Profile on my Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Motherboard.

There is a change of the speed of the Dimms to 1600Mhz from 1333Mhz as the CPU is a 4770k, its performance seems all stable thought as it tops out at 3.9Ghz.

No crashes or other issues mostly, odd bios post madness bleeping on random boots from systen hibernate but it just reboots and resumes loading the Hib file and I'm straight into windows.

I have taken XMP Profile off again and the audio in Youtube (most affected/apparent) is back in sync through each video. When XMP is on videos start out in sync and then as the file progresses the audio is faster than the video on screen creating that horrible to look at unsynced person talking with no lip sync to the audio (Oh god that feels so wrong).

For reference the memory is a Corsair Vengeance — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit and the soundcard is a Sound Blaster Z, PCIe Card.

Anyway just wondering if anyone knows anything about this or has advise, I've also tried using WinTimerTester 1.1 to Check the QPC/GTC Ratios and they seem slightly under 1.0 to start with but after 30 seconds they bound off of 1.0000.

Cheers

Defiant

Associate
Hello all

Looking to see if anyone else has an idea why I'm having audio sync issues in video files and streaming sites after enabling Memory XMP Profile on my Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Motherboard.

There is a change of the speed of the Dimms to 1600Mhz from 1333Mhz as the CPU is a 4770k, its performance seems all stable thought as it tops out at 3.9Ghz.

No crashes or other issues mostly, odd bios post madness bleeping on random boots from systen hibernate but it just reboots and resumes loading the Hib file and I'm straight into windows.

I have taken XMP Profile off again and the audio in Youtube (most affected/apparent) is back in sync through each video. When XMP is on videos start out in sync and then as the file progresses the audio is faster than the video on screen creating that horrible to look at unsynced person talking with no lip sync to the audio (Oh god that feels so wrong).

For reference the memory is a Corsair Vengeance — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit and the soundcard is a Sound Blaster Z, PCIe Card.

Anyway just wondering if anyone knows anything about this or has advise, I've also tried using WinTimerTester 1.1 to Check the QPC/GTC Ratios and they seem slightly under 1.0 to start with but after 30 seconds they bound off of 1.0000.

Cheers

Defiant

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem. I have a Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming with Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000Mhz Memory running XMP and latley the audio losies sync after a short while in youtube...It is doing my head in! I have found a solution but I am not sure whether it will work as I am testing as I post this. I have been told to reinstal Adobe Flash player... If you find a solution, please do post it back here

Associate
It's because the baseclock has been set slightly off frequency, so the PCI bus is running a bit faster than 33Mhz.
Hi RustySpoons, can you elaborate as I do not quiet understand...I have overclocked my CPU a 8600K to 4.8GHz with XMP running my ram @3000Mhz..Corsair Vengeance 16GB. Is there something I need to do? I have everything at auto expect for the overclock to 48 thus giveing my 4.8GHz. Any help is appreciated.

Associate
See what your baseclock is set to, the PCI bus is funny with timing. I bet it's not sat dead on 100MHz
There might be an application to tell you what speed your PCI bus is running it, it needs to be bang on 33MHz.

Associate
Hi RustySpoons, I have checked and it is at 100 though it does fluctuate to 101. something...The audio has been stable since I installed the flash player...Will keep an eye and hope it sticks.

Back
Top Bottom