Aurora Spy plane

Permabanned
So guys and girls.

I have been intrigued with the so called "Aurora" spy plane story for years and years.

So far we have:-

1) Cross American continent jet contrail also crossing the Atlantic captured by a weather satellite

2) Doughnuts on a rope sightings

3) Massive historical sonic booms which the Geological experts said must have been caused by something travelling around Mach8, all picked up by siesmology.

4) The total public "absence" of any US high speed aircraft after the SR71 Blackbird

5) A sighting from an oil Rig worker in the North Sea, who was a trained aircraft identifier.

6) Machrihannish Airbase in Scotland being massively developed with a runway extension, and millions of dollars invested by the US Military, under heavy guard for many years in the 80's and 90's, then mysteriously the US pulling the plug. Locals also describing wierd sky "ripping" sounds consistent with the Pulse detenation Wave engine allegedly used by the Aurora.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this and any thoughts as to whether it was ever real or not?

On one hand there seems to be massive evidence, yet the F117A and B2 Bombers were made public after many years, those were in development way back in the EARLY 80's!!

Is it inconcievable that the US would retire the SR71 and NOT have a replacement, or does anyone think that they really did leave themselves without a super high speed aircraft?

If they DID have one, and things have moved on with better satellites etc etc and a different world now, why would they not go public like they did with the SR71, F117A and the B2 Bomber? Why did the US even go public with these stealth planes in the first place?

Im 50/50 on whether it exists/existed, but I am so curious, I keep coming back to the internet for any new developments, but always come up empty handed, and it has been speculated for years and years.

I wonder if we will ever know?

EDIT:- Here is a short clip off Youtube of what I mean.

Last edited:
5) A sighting from an oil Rig worker in the North Sea, who was a trained aircraft identifier.

pretty sure that picture related to that has been debunked

34odh8k.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect there are a lot of experimental plane programs, etc. many of which are top secret and/or worked on at different times by different people so no continuous exposure to the project by any one person and often abandoned due to technical difficulties, budget, etc.

pretty sure that picture related to that has been debunked

34odh8k.jpg

The picture was a fake, but the guys story apparently was not.....

Im not sure if someone else associated the pic with his story, or not....

If the pic was real, then he would not have to draw the sketch of what he saw, which is what he has done in multiple interviews.....

I'm fascinated by military experimental programs. It's the cutting edge of military technology. In the 60's it was the U2 Spy Plane who knows what is out there today.

There's literally no need for it, hypersonic surveillance cant be manned and that is the future.

I mean Satellites already do most of the job, but considering the anti-satellite systems in play, its smart to have a UAV that's quick enough to do the job. It's just a case of rampant military expenditure.

The next level up from just a singular image/video capture craft, is a swarm, able to give enough information for a 3D image, which is probably awhile away.

The next level up from just a singular image/video capture craft, is a swarm, able to give enough information for a 3D image, which is probably awhile away.

Going by the work put into 3D on Google maps, etc. I doubt its that far away - those kind of systems aren't being developed for lols heh.

"it can get anywhere in the world in 3 hours"

well, the US have so many bases around the world now, i think they could achieve that using hang gliders! :p

Going by the work put into 3D on Google maps, etc. I doubt its that far away - those kind of systems aren't being developed for lols heh.

Yeah but that's based on a number of things and time is not a great factor in it.

If you need a practically live feed of 3D from a warzone, you need something a bit better than a few satellites passing over every so often.

Yeah but that's based on a number of things and time is not a great factor in it.

If you need a practically live feed of 3D from a warzone, you need something a bit better than a few satellites passing over every so often.

sURELY YOU JUST UP ENOUGH GEOSTATIONARY SPY SATELLITES?

I think a combination of satellites and UAV's has made the concept redundant. Pity really, the SR-71 has a certain presence to it. If you've never been to Duxford, make the effort to do so. Lots of fascinating stuff there.

I mean in general though those systems are being actively developed - we only see one bit of it - I'd imagine those systems are being developed for a lot more than just combining some street view and aerial photography together for what is largely a novelty feature on Google maps.

I watched a documentary on the SR71, they made a very good point about it having been the only plane to never have crashed or been shot down in a war situation, however this was because it was ridiculously fast, which became redundant after the B2 since it was better to be slow but invisible.

Seems the B2 would be the replacement given that stealth technology was more of a technologival advancement than speed.

The aurora nope, however since the the 80s there has been huge development and many projects on scramjets, although its still not perfected into something useful.
And there will have been all sorts of other experimental aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom