Australia re-elects the Liberals

Associate
This one interests me, not only because I am half Australian, but because the media and polls were predicting a landslide for the left and Labour (as they did for a some very recent big elections) I must admit the result surprised me

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...lls-bill-shorten-scott-morrison-a8919726.html

So again, it appears the quiet conservative majority has spoken over a very vocal left leaning media. Does the media and dubious polling actually hinder the left?

Caporegime
This one interests me, not only because I am half Australian, but because the media and polls were predicting a landslide for the left and Labour (as they did for a some very recent big elections) I must admit the result surprised me

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...lls-bill-shorten-scott-morrison-a8919726.html

So again, it appears the quiet conservative majority has spoken over a very vocal left leaning media. Does the media and dubious polling actually hinder the left?
It’s just that the media doesn’t reflect the beliefs of the majority, no matter how loud they shout.

Caporegime
@Evangelion will have a fuller view but Australian politics is basically ******. A new PM every six months* is probably not a great way to run a great country.

Nasher, as shown in your Motors posts, you've no idea. rob - likewise (but not the Motors part).

*pedantry comments welcome.

Man of Honour
Silent majority probably stay silent otherwise they get hounded by far left mentalists. A bit like brexit :p

Just like the US that the Australians adore, there are no true left-wingers in Aus. The main fight is between Liberal and Authoritarian. The political compass has two axes, and most of the fighting is on the vertical one.

Caporegime
BURN UNIT TO AISLE 4! BURN UNIT TO AISLE 4!

I'm unable to give a serious answer to a thread where the OP can't spell re-elects properly :(
Nice to see you standing up for your buddy Mags. Cute. Who says love is dead?

It's funny to see Mags un-ironically pointing the finger at me for ****-posting tho.

Caporegime
Please don't let a hyphen prevent you from sharing your valued opinion.

You can insert a hyphen anywhere in "relects" and it still won't make sense, sorry dude :(

Nice to see you standing up for your buddy Mags. Cute. Who says love is dead?

It's funny to see Mags un-ironically pointing the finger at me for ****-posting tho.

Nobody said love is dead. It's almost midnight on a Saturday night, why are you taking this all so seriously?

Caporegime
Silent majority probably stay silent otherwise they get hounded by far left mentalists. A bit like brexit :p

Yeah they don't want to have their social media access revoked and be sacked from their jobs and be equated to Adolf Hitler on the Biased Broadcasting Corporation.

With people moving more to the right the far left radicals will be wanting election voting to be conducted by Facebook and other social media corporations next, it's the only way to stop Russians from infiltrating the voting booths/ballot boxes.

Caporegime
Just like the US that the Australians adore, there are no true left-wingers in Aus. The main fight is between Liberal and Authoritarian. The political compass has two axes, and most of the fighting is on the vertical one.

There's only really one axis, at one side totalitarianism and big government and the other anarchy and no government. Obviously anarchy is not good either it'd basically be gang warfare, so you do need some government but the US was founded on the principle of very limited government and maximum possible freedom. Freedom and big government are antithetical to one another.

All of the political spectrums people tend to see assume big government is a given and there's no place for anarchy (no government), I wonder why.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom