Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2020, Spielberg - Race 1/?

Rate the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix (1) out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So we do, at least, get DAS for a season. Shame it's been banned for next.

I didn't think there was any real chance of the protest being upheld. It would have made the FIA look stupid had it been upheld.
I'm of the school of thought that F1 should be allowed to innovate and push boundaries within the rules, otherwise it just wouldn't be at the top of motor racing.

Soldato
Sorry, I just don't get it, the fia should have had the guts to just say no, they managed to ban the fan car after one race and I'm sure many other things.

It's all a bit daft. Like the Harry Kane goal last night, the Tottenham player falls over because he is fouled, the Sheffield player kicks the ball against his shoulder it bounces to Kane who scores, goal disallowed after five minutes of VAR for hand ball in the build up, rules are rules.

The fact that it's banned for next year shows that they don't want it in F1.
Why would the say No? Do you really want any hint of innovation to be held back? The FIA were informed of the development and throughout that process said it was legal. What possible reason could they give to now turn face and say it's not legal.

Caporegime
So this year the interest is on second in the WCC.

I just hope the TV crews don't bother focusing on the leaders,but look at the action in the rest of the pack.

Looking forward to seeing how bad ferrari have done this year

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I don't even know why it's being argued about. Do we have any data that there is any tangible performance gain from it? It's all just theory at this point. It's hardly the 2009 double diffuser situation and it's not a safety element like the fan car and ground effect etc.

Red Bull have a chance to get Max into the records this year so they have done as any competitor have done and used the sports processes to their advantage to beat the competition. This is nothing new and if anything an exciting part of the sport.

We know one team dominating is nothing new and that it was "fine" in the past however the world has changed since then. It didn't matter back then if a small team went broke as there were plenty more to come. But we've had a recession and the sport has fallen from popularity since then. So expensive innovation needs to be clipped to keep teams in the sport and to keep it competitive. It's less about the thinking man's game these days and people want more one-track action and they're trying to create boundaries to support that. I don't understand how this is so hard to grasp. Not everything works in the real world so it takes time to transition. The sport itself is just a frivolous expense and no matter how lucrative it might be to someone it's likely a very one-way expense to most others they can happily stop paying.

At least let's reserve judgement until tomorrow afternoon when the race is over. We've barely turned a wheel yet and it's just the same old bickering over nothing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Interesting that red bull questioned the suspension aspect of DAS. Mercedes have been found in the clear, so potentially it opens up a clear route for red bulls implementation I guess. I doubt it’ll make a difference, Mercedes seem far ahead. Then it could well be racing point vs red bull.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
They should stick a NASCAR/Indy style SAFER barrier on the outside of that final sequence of corners, make the buggers stay on the actual track surface :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom