Auto Buddy Android App

Man of Honour
The new apk sorted the issue entering the import URL, but a few text boxes still have the issue of wanting to input a new line if you click enter on the keyboard, such as the search field in the maintenance log, because the "+" button isn't dynamic (as per Material design guidelines), so blocks the search button:

rps20170728_085740_093.jpg

I do like the Annual Report screen, some useful info in there, but it would be nice to be able to see a drilldown report of stats. For example, in Fuelio this is what the fuel stats screen looks like:

rps20170728_085631_946.jpg

Your MPG calc appears to be in-line with Fuelio too, but I notice when adding a fill-up, Autobuddy asks for optional ODO, but you need to put in the miles driven. So I'd need to be keeping track of the miles elapsed each fill-up, or remember to reset the short term trip computer each fill-up. Fuelio calculates the distance based on the ODO reading which is required.

I also noticed that when adding a fill-up, the pop-up dialogue allows you to still click on items below it in the listing, and if you accidentally tap a blank area, it registers what's underneath and populates the dialogue fields. Example:

Also, the TCO is the first thing that jumps out when loading the app. There's no need to make my eyes water every time the app is opened dude!

That's initial feedback, will see what else I notice in due course!

Soldato
OP
Some good things there, thanks. A few I've seen myself but not got round to fixing. The search for example, I've had on my list for ages for it to react to every letter typed, no need for the button to do it.

For stats, you mean just a few more? Highest this, lowest that? There's a few averages I could add in. Fairly easy. Monthly breakdowns would take a bit more work. Are they wanted?

Tbh I thought everyone used a trip counter! :) The benefit I guess I thought was if you forget to log one. I've never forgot to reset my trip counter, but I think sometimes on a group ride on the bike, I might have been in a hurry and not logged a fuel up. I'll have a think about the maths of giving the option to do either. Might not be too hard actually. Enter one, it calculates the other.

What's the TCO? Splash screen?

Man of Honour
As a colleague always says, better to have it and not need it than not have it at all, so having the option is always better than none, more so on Android :)

As for the TCO, total cost of ownership, or total cost to date other than fuelling. In Fuelio, you have to go into the report screens to view that, otherwise the homescreen of the app just displays averages for fuel and just cost stats for this month and the previous months.

Man of Honour
OK so I've not even used the test apk since fully charging the phone earlier today, but checking battery stats right now shows something, can you spot what Andy?!

rps20170728_155652_117.jpg
rps20170728_155632_807.jpg

Needless to say, there's no option to turn off the GPS features of the app, so it appears to keep polling GPS for weather/location stuff even when not in use.

Soldato
OP
That's interesting as an early version did that to someone else and I turned things down and it was fine. It doesn't do that in mine for example.

I'm away for a few days so can't do much. You could uninstall and install again?

Soldato
OP
I did have a GPS bug on another app. It ignored a variable and polled every second. I'll just fix it at 3 hours. Will be home this afternoon and can finish the backup/restore database option at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom