Auto or manual?

Soldato
Now, I don't wanna be laughed at here, although it may seem funny to some.

Been a little while since I sent off my form for my provisional since few medical forms to fill out.

Is it possible to learn on an automatic? I think it's better I try this than go onto manual (unless I do it on a moped so I know how a bike feels)

I can't imagine auto's to be too popular but I'm considering it.

Moped or proper bike I don't really mind but I think a moped may be better to start with then progress to a geared bike.

Soldato
It’s better to learn on a manual. Riding a manual bike is rather simple as you manage the clutch with your hand rather than your foot in a car, so feeling the bite point is easier.

There aren’t many automatic bikes on the market outside of mopeds (but is increasing a bit). If you decide to get your licence on an auto, you’ll only be licensed to ride autos.

Soldato
To be honest unless you don't have full dexterity in your left hand or foot I'd recommend manual. It's too limiting not to on a motorbike. And takes the fun out.

Soldato
You could do a CBT on a moped as a taster session. Renting a 125 moped in Spain was what got me into bikes (I'd never ridden one before ever!). Can't say riding a geared 125 is a fun experience, when I first rode a 650 from a 125 for the CBT I felt much more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom