Avast and Malwarebytes

Soldato
That is the combination I use. I tuned on hardened mode in Avast as well just to make extra sure and I haven't had any problems with them although if you are using a lot of really new programs you might have to add them as exclusions otherwise you might get a false positive. I did for a long time with the Discord client.

Apart from that it works really well.

Soldato
Used to use Avast, but its become more and more bloated over the years and advertising more and more even in silent mode. The last straw for me was when I picked up a virus that Avast didn't spot but Windows defender did. Just been using Win defender and also running a scan with malware bytes every week or so nowadays.

Soldato
Kaspersky (It's free as a Barclays customer) and Malware bytes. Lately I've been a little suspicious of Malware Byte's scans as it's all over in a minute. However, Kaspersky takes around 20 minutes.

Oh, here's the Mrs with some pieces of eight. ;)

Soldato
Kaspersky (It's free as a Barclays customer) and Malware bytes. Lately I've been a little suspicious of Malware Byte's scans as it's all over in a minute. However, Kaspersky takes around 20 minutes.

Oh, here's the Mrs with some pieces of eight. ;)
you do realize the standard scan just check registry/documents/windows folder and RAM right?

the full scan checks all files...

Soldato
Don't really need AV if your a careful clicker and have the correct stuff install on Chrome, ublock and noscript are my go to.
It's good just to be safe though, I use Defender with MalwareBytes although I used AVG Free about a month ago for over 5 years it felt like it was becoming way to bloated with ads.

Back
Top Bottom