Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - SPOILER FREE DISCUSSION - DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, STARMUNCH!

Soldato
I fear the entire film is just going to be a build up to the sequel and there’s going to be backlash.

I’m expecting it to end on the inevitable cliffhanger.
If it were left to me the Infinity War would be the build up to going cosmic. It would be a great opportunity to introduce Adam warlock amongst the higher powers of the Marvel Universe setting up phase 4.

Soldato
Because wiping out half the population of the Universe would have a dramatic effect on the concerns of more than the Avengers, the Asgardians and Guardians of the Galaxy. For example, Galactus and the Celestials. Galactus feeds on the life force generated by living things. Eternity's role within the cosmic order is being usurped for Death by Thanos despite arguing he's trying to balance the Universe. Warlock's role is to counter-balance Thanos. The Celestials seed planets with mutants and beings of power; returning later to see if they are worthy of this gift. Phase 4 is meant to go cosmic and Thanos with the gems is a cosmic level threat.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not to derail the thread but I genuinely wonder what the heads of DC must be thinking when they see all the very positive reaction to virtually all MCU films (especially this one) vs their own most underwhelming attempts at the DCU.

You'd think after the first Infinity War trailer dropped they'd just say "we quit!" :D

Soldato
Not to derail the thread but I genuinely wonder what the heads of DC must be thinking when they see all the very positive reaction to virtually all MCU films (especially this one) vs their own most underwhelming attempts at the DCU.

You'd think after the first Infinity War trailer dropped they'd just say "we quit!" :D

I think the difference is that the Marvel movies are made by the company that makes the comics. They know and love the material. The Fox/DC (non-Marvel Studios) movies are made by people who make films. They always want to mess with the source material because "they know better", because it's all about making money rather than making a good films (the two are not mutually exclusive). Marvel owning and understanding the comics has directly fed into them knowing how to make good films for their characters.

It can be done, look at Nolan's Batman, or Logan, Deadpool or even the first two Burton Batmans. They had a heart, a story, characters you cared about or were just a lot of fun. Film studios trying to cash in with nothing but flashy visuals are missing the point. People haven't been reading the comics for the last seventy years because of the great special effects, but because of the stories and characters. That's something Marvel Studios understand, and other studios rarely do.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Reports that the ticket sales have already surpassed the last 7 movies combined.

Insane if true :eek:

Back
Top Bottom