AVR Power question.

Permabanned
When you are not using your AVR do you turn it off, do you put it on standby or turn it off at the switch?

I am used to leaving my pc running constantly and frequently use my AVR as it is connected to my PC. Basically the only time the AVR is not used is when I go to sleep and when i am not at home. Should i always power it down?

What is your experience with this, as this is my first AVR. I have known some devices can have more problems with powering up and down every day opposed to occasionally or seldom.

Associate
I leave my receiver on all day, turn it off at night and on when the computer comes on in the morning! I know its not particularly environment-friendly but I don't feel guilty enough to keep turning it on or off. When its off at night it will be in standby, not off at the switch.

To be honest I would not be in a position to say honestly whether leaving it on would affect the lifespan, but mine has been fine for years. I think its much more important to leave loads of space around it for airflow. The cooler the better.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
My receiver is left on standby when I'm not using it. It's been used a lot over the last 3 years too. Onkyo.

Associate
I set it to standby whenever I am not watching anything, and the same for all my other kit. Its all in an enclosed cabinet so it would get far too hot in there if it was on all day.
It is a bit annoying to have to turn 4 devices on when I settle down to some TV/Movies, but perhaps I need to get a Harmony remote next to solve that. heh

Back
Top Bottom