Awful Covers

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
What covers do you think are truely horrific?

Personally it's got to be Linkin Park's cover of Nine Inch Nails' Wish. The lead vocalist of LP just doesn't have the right voice to pull it off, especially if you compare his live performance with that of NINs, the emphasis sounds all wrong, and it just sounds...bad.

How about you?

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Never, they do it in a completely different style to the original and I think it's a great cover.

There's nothing worse than someone doing a cover and basically just doing it the same.

I agree, cover should bring something new to the original (see my "best cover" nomination below as example). But in case of Scissor Sisters the Bee Gees disco version is completely inappropriate to the lyrics and the message of the song. It's a little bit like trying to do a cover of Joy Division song in Sabrina's Boys Boys Boys wet t-shirt in a pool Eurodisco style. There are boundries one should not cross with a cover... ;)

Worst cover ever - Mariah Carey "Against All Odds". It makes you hate her, Phil Collins, Jeff Bridges and Rachel Ward in one go.
Best cover ever - Laibach - Life is Life

Last edited:
Soldato
Never, they do it in a completely different style to the original and I think it's a great cover.

There's nothing worse than someone doing a cover and basically just doing it the same.

I like loads of covers, just not the one I've posted. Possibly because I think the originial is so good, or possibly because the lead singer has an annoying voice, or both.

Man of Honour
Scissor sisters - Comfortably numb.
I'm a big Floyd fan and thats an AWESOME cover. It takes it and makes it something completely different which works. Really doesn't belong in this thread.

Limp Bizkit - Faith, for being the best and worst cover ever, at the same time!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom