Awwwww, my 360 has died!

I haz 4090!
Don
Well, I snagged one a couple of days after release, and my baby has finally given up the ghost. It crashed the other day when I was playing Table Tennis, and I've just tried to fire it up to try the DR demo, and I was greeted by the old red lights. :(

Anyone know how long it takes MS to replace them?

Associate
I returned mine a week ago. The guy on the phone said that they get shipped off to Germany for repair/replacement and the whole process takes up to 10 days.

Overall the return service is pretty good. I boxed it up (they say not to use the original packaging) and they arranged a guy from UPS to pick it up from work.

Caporegime
cheets64 said:
Where did you get it from, mines still going strong had it since release day.

Same with mine:p, although i got mine a day before new yrs but only had one red light which was caused by me not plugging the cable into the back properly.
Have had one or 2 crashes but nothing major of late

/me hopes his 360 doesnt give up tonight:p

Associate
maranello168 said:
whats the point in sending it back to be repaired? just go back to where you got it from, tell them its faulty and they'll have to replace it with a new one as it's still under warranty
For that wouldnt they require EVERYTHING that was included in the box? Even the box itself?

I never keep any of that stuff, granted thinking about it, I should have in this instance but theres bound to be others where the easier option is to just let MS handle the situation.

Soldato
Damnit

My 360 packed up last night as well, was working fine til I tried the Dead Rising demo but then it froze. Now when I turn it on I just get 3 red lights. :(

I've only had this 360 for 3 days! Plus it's the 3rd one, after the other 2 had faults.

I don't know why they keep breaking, I have it stood up with plenty of ventilation and it never gets knocked about.

I'm going to try to get a refund this time, as if I'm going to be on the 4th one after 8 1/2 months then what are the chances of it not breaking in 3 1/2 months time. Might as well buy another one, and get a new 12 month warranty.

Can't believe how easily these things break, I know it's a lot of powerful technology for a couple hundred quid but the damn things still need to work! :mad:

Soldato
Mine is dead too, not had the read lights come up but it doesn't read the discs. If I put a disc in it makes no attempt to read it then says open tray as if there is nothing in there :(

I bought it online from Comet, if I get them to send me a receipt does anybody know if Comet exchange faulty consoles on the spot?

Soldato
I got mine from online high street catalogue store before xmas, it dies on me the other day, took it back to a local branch on retail park and they swapped it for me there and then - just got a new one and exchanged the unit.:D

I haz 4090!
Don
OP
I bought it off Ebay, but the guy I bought it from picked it up from Sainsburys, and he sent the receipt. Will any Sainsburys replace it, or do I have to go to the one he went to?

Soldato
Worthy said:
I bought it off Ebay, but the guy I bought it from picked it up from Sainsburys, and he sent the receipt. Will any Sainsburys replace it, or do I have to go to the one he went to?

Just tell them you bought it while on a trip....So your not driving back with it so your bringing it to your local store :)

Soldato
Well I got a refund, but they were out of stock anyway.

Need to buy a new one now, anyone know of any deals in high street strores?

Just looking to buy the core system as I've already got all the premium add-ons.

Associate
bilston said:
For that wouldnt they require EVERYTHING that was included in the box? Even the box itself?

I never keep any of that stuff, granted thinking about it, I should have in this instance but theres bound to be others where the easier option is to just let MS handle the situation.

Nah. I'm on my third 360 and through trotting to various Games around me and the stupidity of the staff I've ended up with 3 wireless controllers and 3 Live headsets.

At first, I would have traded everything in. But the sheer attitude problem of the manager in the first store I visited made me determined to get as much as I could.

Soldato
just out of interest when does our uk warranty run out for these december xbox 360s

+ if mine does break would i be better off getting a refund and buying another to get more warranty?

Associate
bilston said:

Nope, if it were just a case of the console being faulty, they'll exchange it for a new one.

I've exchanged a faulty SNES, PS2, Gamboy in past with no problems

Back
Top Bottom