Poll: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2019, Baku - Race 4/21

Rate the 2019 Azerbaijan Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I'm a little surprised people seem to expect Baku to be a great race. 2016 was dismal, one of the most boring races in the last 10 years. 2017 was only interesting because of constant safety cars. 2018 was also incredibly dull, but brought to life in the last 10 laps with a safety car. Likewise this year was boring. It's a **** circuit which relies on the SC to make it interesting, the same as Monaco.

Voted a 3 from me as nothing of note happened.

Soldato
Just seen that Vettel has said that Mercedes' success is boring. Did he think it was boring when Red Bull dominated for the years when he won 4 WDC?

*insert long sarcastic laugh*

Soldato
Just seen that Vettel has said that Mercedes' success is boring. Did he think it was boring when Red Bull dominated for the years when he won 4 WDC?

To paraphrase his old boss at Red Bull, that's the fault of the other teams not doing a good enough job.

Transmission breaker
Don
It would be less boring if Ferrari didn't keep dropping the ball

Whilst I agree with you, Leclerc threw away a potential win in his brain fart moment this weekend. He looked great right up till that point. He even showed some great pace in the race. I think we would have seen a very different race had he been in the top 4 at the end of Q3.

Still, he is young, and will make these errors. I really want to see him do well, he is the best thing going for Ferrari at the moment. Vettel is just not able to pull the same sort of consistency and challenge as he used to. Its a shame, as with 2 drivers firing on all cylinders, Hamilton dropping points to Bottas, and their apparent speed, they could just nick a win this year if they backed the right (prancing) horse!

Sgarrista
Commissario
I'm a little surprised people seem to expect Baku to be a great race. 2016 was dismal, one of the most boring races in the last 10 years. 2017 was only interesting because of constant safety cars. 2018 was also incredibly dull, but brought to life in the last 10 laps with a safety car. Likewise this year was boring. It's a **** circuit which relies on the SC to make it interesting, the same as Monaco.

Voted a 3 from me as nothing of note happened.

Sums my thoughts up.

JRS

JRS

Soldato

To be (briefly) fair, how many of those years could you say that RBR dominated to the degree that Mercedes have in this turbo era?

2010 - narrow win
2011 - pretty much domination
2012 - narrow win
2013 - dominated second half of season

Caporegime
We are lucky it's not ferrari in mercs position. The Bottas/Hamilton battle was the only good bit Almost reminds me of nico

You know ferrari would not let that level of racing happen

Back
Top Bottom