Azure versus Google Cloud versus AWS

Soldato
I'm just wondering if anyone out there has used all three cloud platforms in production and which one they prefered to use? I'm thinking about using Azure for my next website because I like Azure AD B2C and the fact that it also has excellent developer tools in Visual Studio 2019 for Azure Functions which I want to use. I'll also be using PostgreSQL as my database.

I've played around with AWS in the past but found Cognito to be massively complex compared to Azure AD B2C, and I currently use Google Cloud to host the DNS for my websites, but I haven't used any of their other services.

So any feedback from anyone experienced with all of these platforms would be appreciated.

Man of Honour
Google Cloud rocks. The interface is simple, the docs are good and the products are fast. VM live migration is awesome. It's so simple even I can use it.

AWS has all the tools you need but you'll waste your life trying to pick the right one and then read the docs, then it'll cost you a fortune because you misread something. Don't ever use a 'provisioned iops' disk :eek:

Doubt either can compete with the MS-specific things though but might be worth looking at google cloud functions.

Soldato
OP
Google Cloud rocks. The interface is simple, the docs are good and the products are fast. VM live migration is awesome. It's so simple even I can use it.

AWS has all the tools you need but you'll waste your life trying to pick the right one and then read the docs, then it'll cost you a fortune because you misread something. Don't ever use a 'provisioned iops' disk :eek:

Doubt either can compete with the MS-specific things though but might be worth looking at google cloud functions.

How is the user registration/authentication/authorisation in Google Cloud? Can it be used to authorise access to Google Cloud Functions from the JavaScript HTTP requests API? I want to build the site as "serverless" so would have to use Google Cloud Functions and some of those need to be private and require authorisation/authentication.

Man of Honour
How is the user registration/authentication/authorisation in Google Cloud? Can it be used to authorise access to Google Cloud Functions from the JavaScript HTTP requests API? I want to build the site as "serverless" so would have to use Google Cloud Functions and some of those need to be private and require authorisation/authentication.
I think so, check out Firebase. We built fixed.net in it. I'm a server guy though so all this talk of HTTP, JS and the like, right over my head.

Back
Top Bottom