• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B Grade 4090 disappointment - couldn't even post

Associate
Got tired of waiting for an FE 4090, so went for the MSI B Grade 4090 on OCUK. Delivered today and spent the last three hours trying to get it to post with the card installed. Did all the troubleshooting I could find online, no dice.

I would have thought that OCUK would test these before sending them to customers?

Now I have to wait for the return, then the refund. I hope I don't miss an FE restock in the meantime.

Has anyone else had problems with the B Grade GPUs being DOA?

Associate
OP
Yup, it's the lack of warranty that always puts me off B-Grade. £1300 GPU with a 90 day warranty? Madness.

Bought a B-Grade washing machine from a large online appliance retailer recently, it was a fraction of the price new, had a microscopic dent on it and came with a year's warranty... not to mention the manufacturer still let me register the 10 year parts warranty (although we'll see if that sticks if I ever need to rely on it).
I just don't understand why they wouldn't even try the card? Logically all B Grade cards they have in stock should at least post.

It would be unreasonable to expect 1-2 hours of testing, but at least plug the damn thing in :confused:

Associate
OP
Only a hundred quid off???? With a 90 day warranty?! You're nuts. At least it was DOA I bought one and it took the entire 90 days to die and it went through manufacturer RMA which wasn't a pleasant experience. Infact it was a complete waste of time. Never again.
:D Yolo, right?

How much did you get off? Also, which manfacturer?

Associate
OP
I tried two B-Grade 4090's (Zotac and MSI purchased elsewhere) before buying a new 4090 FE. Both B-Graders had major issues and were returned. One was unstable, randomly down clocking the core to ~300MHz. The other had a PCB bent like a banana.

The FE was perfect. Lesson learned.
The FE is something special, it feels soooo good in the hand. I never had an FE model before, so didn't really 'get it'.

Also, mine was ice cold out of the box for some reason, even cooler :cool:

Back
Top Bottom